cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kilaj1
Helper III
Helper III

Sharepoint Choice column showing invalid entries

I have a power app that has a combo box linked to a sharepoint colulmn with 5 choices.  the formula on this in power apps is 

For new requests:

Choices([@'Master List'].ReceiptType)

For reviewing requests

LookUp('Master List',ID=SelectedItem.ID).ReceiptType

for some reason its adding/duplicating 2 entries with some odd text "'"

kilaj1_0-1652968024182.png

originally they where 

No Receipt (Gov't) and No Receipt (per donor's request)

Thinking the ' was the issue i removed it from the option in the SPO column, refreshed and it didn't help.  I have no clue where its pulling "'" from.  I wanted to avoid creating a collection, but i have a feeling that's where this is heading.

3 REPLIES 3
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @kilaj1 ,

It is the single quote/apostrophe, which is ASCII Value 39. Remove it from your Choices list as it is not a character you should be using in Power Apps. I have the same issue with Irish surnames (O'Sullivan etc)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @kilaj1 ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

kilaj1
Helper III
Helper III

thanks for the response, I tried removing the bad characters but it just wont update the field.  I ended up creating a new field.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Government Carousel

New forum: GCC, GCCH, DoD - Federal App Makers (FAM)

In response to the unique and evolving requirements of the United States public sector, Microsoft has created Power Apps US Government.

Users online (4,654)