cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marke525
Helper I
Helper I

Sharepoint Custom Form Dependent drop down blank

I have a series of dependent drop downdown and comboboxes.  Everything appears to be working, except the final combobox appears to show the list, but it appears blank, i.e. white text on a white background.  Here is Items field:

Filter(Locations, Region_Choice = CustRegionValue.Selected.Result)

I have a sharepoint list that is being used to show which locations are assigned to which region.

The result below should be that if I choose APAC for the Region, it shows Asian countries and If I choose EMEA, it shows European countries.  As you can see from the screenshots, the list changes in length depending on the region, but everything is "blank".  

Marke525_0-1611619415891.png

Marke525_1-1611619445782.png

I've checked the colors, the background is white, the text is black.  There are no errors.  If I change the items in the lookup list, the length of the Customer location field changes.

By contrast, This code:  Distinct(Filter(Locations, Title = CustCoValue.Selected.Value), Region_Choice)  works to give me a different set of region choices based on the "title" choice.  I've tried adding "Distinct" to this code: Filter(Locations, Region_Choice = CustRegionValue.Selected.Result), but the "blank" results are the same.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Marke525 ,

So is Region_Choice a Choice Field or a Lookup Field? I am assuming Lookup if that code did not work. If so, try this

Filter(
   AddColumns(
      Locations,
      "Region", 
      Region_Choice.Value
   ),
   Region = CustRegionValue.Selected.Result
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Marke525 ,

Assuming Region_Choice is a Choice field, this should work

Filter(
   Locations, 
   Region_Choice.Value = CustRegionValue.Selected.Result
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Marke525
Helper I
Helper I

Warren,

Thanks for the quick reply and the suggestion.  I tried that change and it gives me an "invalid use of "." " error.

Region_Choice is a column in the lookup list (called "Locations") to assign the location to the region:

Marke525_0-1611621674655.png

@Marke525 ,

So is Region_Choice a Choice Field or a Lookup Field? I am assuming Lookup if that code did not work. If so, try this

Filter(
   AddColumns(
      Locations,
      "Region", 
      Region_Choice.Value
   ),
   Region = CustRegionValue.Selected.Result
)

View solution in original post

Hi @Marke525 ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Thanks for checking in, unfortunately none of the proposed solutions have resolved the problem.  At the moment I'm just not going to filter the list.  I'm still completely puzzled as to why I have one lookup that works perfectly fine, but if I try to create a different lookup with the exact same method, it doesn't work.  That just doesn't make sense to me.

Evelyn-Jiang
Frequent Visitor

I have met the same problem, Does anyone have a solution yet?

@Evelyn-Jiang ,

Stop using Lookup columns is probably the best solution (I have not used them for many years) - AddColumns is subject to Delegation limits, so the solution will not work on larger lists.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Power Apps Community Call Jan. 2022 768x460.png

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, January 19th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,359)