cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarthTim
Frequent Visitor

Sharepoint Form - Customizing Fields and Cards

I'm new to PowerApps, so please forgive me if I should know this. 

I have created a Form in PowerApps off of a Sharepoint List. It's working as expected. However, the design needs improvement.  Since the users plan on using their desktops only, I changed it from the default mobile layout which it seems to have been generated in off of sharepoint automatically, into a tablet layout which provides more real estate. The text and input fields are quite large still and need to be reduced in size (it's great sizing for a 5 year old 😊 ).  So I have gone in and decreased the size of the text, text entry fields, etc. However, I'm having two problems: 

1) There remains a lot of spacing between the cards. So now while the individual controls and text seem to be a reasonable size, there is a substantial amount of open space between them I would like to eliminate. I have tried reducing the height of the cards, but:

• Problem 1: The height of the individual card goes back to a default value it seems and does not save after I have left that card and gone on to edit another. Is there a way to override this? 
  • Problem 2: Even by reducing the height of the cards, the cards themselves still seem to leave a space between each other that can not be changed. Is there a way to remove that space between each card? 

2) I have quite a few controls in the form, and adjusting the size and dimensions of each manually will take a lot of time. 

• Problem / question 3: Is it possible to set a global parameter for all labels to be 'x' size, all text entry height to be 'x', etc?

Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I believe the following two pages address my questions: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/working-with-form-layout

In the section for 'Height', this addresses one of my problems. In this case, it looks like the error message box is hidden below the card after resizing it, which is causing the card below it to remain lower down in the form than expected. 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/issues-with-resizing-the-data-cards/td-p/979...

This thread discusses the problems with the sizing properties saving as I had mentioned and provides a work around. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

Hi @DarthTim 

I suggest that your start again using a blank canvas app and choose tablet form.  Choose your SharePoint connector and connect to your list(s).  Then, add the controls.  They will be sized better for computer screens.  Keep both apps in case you wanted to use the first one on a mobile device.  

Thanks. Unfortunately, that would take a lot of time to redevelop from scratch. Since this is more of a cosmetic issue,  I wouldn't have the time for that. I was hoping there might be a solution where I could simply update what was existing. 

Thanks. 

@DarthTim 

I don't know of one that you could use to change all of the controls in your app other than to manually resize them.  Only you would know if this is more trouble than it's worth.

I believe the following two pages address my questions: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/working-with-form-layout

In the section for 'Height', this addresses one of my problems. In this case, it looks like the error message box is hidden below the card after resizing it, which is causing the card below it to remain lower down in the form than expected. 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/issues-with-resizing-the-data-cards/td-p/979...

This thread discusses the problems with the sizing properties saving as I had mentioned and provides a work around. 

View solution in original post

Hi @DarthTim 

If you have solved your problem, accept your last post as the solution so that others can benefit from it. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,095)