cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Sharepoint List Choise fiels fill in text not working

I am using a Choice field in a SharePoint list with "Fill in" option enabled so I can create free text to the field alongside the options I defined. When I use the field in Power Apps the fill in feature is not working. If I input text to the field the field just gets empty when I move to the next field. Is there some kind of fix for this? Or is it so that the fill in feature is not supported in the Power Apps?

Br,

Rauli

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Sharepoint List Choise fiels fill in text not working

Hi @rsaaris,

Please check the following article for the known issues when using SharePoint connection with PowerApps:

Connect from Microsoft PowerApps to SharePoint

For choice field with the Fill in option enabled, it works only with the default options under my testing.

It seems the "Fill in" feature for the choice field within the SharePoint list is not supported under PowerApps currently.

Please consider submit this as an idea under the PowerApps idea forum.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

Here I created the PowerApps new idea request for this. I find it really strange that this was not built in when the choice fields where setup for the sharepoint custom forms 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/SharePoint-Choice-Fill-in-option/idi-p/83218

Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

I have found a workaround for the problem:

When using the choice field inside a form,

1.  Unlock the Datacard for editing
  2. In the "Update" value, put in this code:
    If(Not IsBlank(DataCardValue.Selected); DataCardValue.Selected;{Value: DataCardValue.SearchText; '@odata.type': "#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference"})
  3. This way, the form will use a selected value if there is one, or it will use the entered text ("SearchText") if there wasn't a value for this text in the list.

Not very pretty, but it works...

Highlighted

Hi 

I am a beginner in Power apps and SP and have the same problem.

I have tried to use your code in my Power apps on the Parent data card of my custom form choice combo box, in its Update function  replacing DataCardValue.Selected name for my data card name DataCardValue4.Selected.

However Power apps complains about the '@odata.type': parameter in your code sample, is this something I also need to replace for a reference to my list or canvas elements? Or is this a function in itself?

Thank you 

Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

@M_Struckel: No, key/value is always the same for every SharePoint list. Can you post a screenshot of the error or at least the full error message?

Highlighted

Hi Alex,

I found the answer here https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/SharePoint-Choice-Fill-in-option/idi-p/83218

jwim re-wrote your formula like this:

If(Not IsBlank(DataCardValue#.Selected), DataCardValue#.Selected,{Value: DataCardValue#.SearchText, '@odata.type': "#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference"})

And it worked for me.

Thanks

Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

Yes, my formula was taken from an German environment (which uses semicolons ; instead of commas ,)

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,091)