cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zuurg
Helper I
Helper I

Sharepoint List Column Names are different in PowerApps Lookup than what they actually are

I have a Sharepoint List that I'm using in my Power Apps application that has the following structure:

Control Structure.PNG

For some reason, when I'm trying to do a Lookup in the table using the following code:

LookUp('AES Hot Add Controls',Role="Teams Notification" && Team="DMR",Team)

It doesn't return the correct value.  When I look at the dropdown to see what the table data looks like, here's what I see:

Table Data.PNG

So the "Role" column is being referred to as "Title" (far right), the "Team" column is being called "Details", the "Resource" column is showing correctly, and the "Details" column is being called "Details0"

Can anyone explain why the column names are all jacked up?  I understand the "Role" column part because it was previously called Title when I first created the list, but you'd think that it would now be using the actual column name and not the original one.   The bigger concern is the Details and Details0 nonsense.   I have already tried Refreshing the Data Connection and it does the same thing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@zuurg 

Welcome to SharePoint he11.  When you rename columns in SharePoint, it retains the original (internal) name as well as the new Display Name.  That is the reason for the advice to not change the column names once they are created.  Some functions in PowerApps use the internal name and others use the display name.  To find out the internal names for your columns see this reference.  https://www.sharepointdiary.com/2011/06/sharepoint-field-display-name-vs-internal-name.html#:~:text=...  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Sunil-Narnaware
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@zuurg There is an awesome article The Ten Commandments of SharePoint in PowerApps. - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com) by @Drrickryp  May not answer all your queries but at least your title column challenge..

Thanks!  I'm not so concerned about the Title column as I am about the others.    🙂

Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@zuurg 

Welcome to SharePoint he11.  When you rename columns in SharePoint, it retains the original (internal) name as well as the new Display Name.  That is the reason for the advice to not change the column names once they are created.  Some functions in PowerApps use the internal name and others use the display name.  To find out the internal names for your columns see this reference.  https://www.sharepointdiary.com/2011/06/sharepoint-field-display-name-vs-internal-name.html#:~:text=...  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (2,262)