cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Sharepoint List Data Not Showing

I've been running into an issue with a PowerApp that I desgined for our student workers to use to log in and out of their shifts for the past week. For some students, the app works just fine, but for a few, they can't view any of the data. I have the app storing and retrieving data from a SharePoint list. They are able to write to the lists, but the powerapp will not retrive the data from the lists. I'm also having the same issue and a couple of weeks ago it was working. There is no error message, just a blank gallery.

The issue is when I give the user Design or higher permissions on the SharePoint list, the PowerApp will not show any data from the SharePoint list, but if I lower their permissions to Edit, they can see the data. I need to have some of the users have design permissions to the lists. Can you please assist with this?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: Sharepoint List Data Not Showing

Hi, which platform are the users running the app on (iOS, Android, Windows or Web)?

Could you please send us a session ID after you see the issue (no data showing up) ? You can get the session ID from Account tab under Session Details.

That way we can dig into this easier.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Sharepoint List Data Not Showing

Hi @johnsoep,

I think the issue here should not be related with the permissions configured on the SharePoint list.

I just tried sharing an App created from SharePoint list with a testing account (Design permission configured), the data loaded successfully.

On first use it would require App user to create SharePoint connections, please make sure the connection are created under the corresponding user Account, then check to see if issue insists.

In addition, please follow what @SinanE suggested, share the Session ID, which would be more helpful for Staffs to take a further investigation:

Under PowerApps studio desktop version:

(File -> )Account -> Diagnostics ->Session Details

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,436)