cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SMsat
Frequent Visitor

Sharepoint List People picker Combobox not saving

Hopefully you can help - spent hours on this!
I have a Powerapp for a Sharepoint list form for a CRM/new business opportunities list.

There are people columns for Owner (single selection) & Pitch Team (multiple).  Pitch Team I have working fine, but Owner when it saves, it does not update the Sharepoint list.  
I've been through every forum post I can find and tried many different things but still not working.  Any help much appreciated!

Owner_DataCard2_1 Update is set to 

{
Claims: "i:0#.f|membership|" & Lower(DataCardValue4_1.Selected.Mail),
DisplayName: DataCardValue4_1.Selected.DisplayName,
Email: DataCardValue4_1.Selected.Mail,
Department: "",
JobTitle: "",
Picture: ""
}

DataCardValue4_1 Items is:

Filter(Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm: DataCardValue4_1.SearchText, top:450}),
!IsBlank(JobTitle) && !IsBlank(Mail) && !IsBlank(Department)
)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SMsat ,

Please try:

1\ Refresh the data source( you have done yet);

2\ Remove the field Data Card from the Form and add it again;

3\ Modify the Card Update and Items of Combo box.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SMsat ,

Although the formula seems with no error at a glance, I have to make a test to confirm. The result indicates that it's correct indeed and I could update/save the selected person in the Combo box to SP list people column.

So, please check if you have refreshed the connection after modified the list. Also, you could try delete the original connection then add a new one to see if it would work.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

SMsat
Frequent Visitor

Cannot believe it was that easy!  The refresh sorted it, thank you.

But it has uncovered one other issue...when I change that people picker and save the form, all is fine.  If I don't amend that people picker save will not work, the form just remains there whilst clicking save, even if I've say added some text to the notes column. 

Any idea what could cause this?

SMsat
Frequent Visitor

I managed to screengrab the brief error that flashed up when I was clicking save (on a time that I hadn't edited the people picker field).  

I have this in defaultselected items: ThisItem.Owner.DisplayName

is it a problem with this? 

SMsat_0-1628117693167.png

v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SMsat ,

Yes, the issue is about the DefaultSelectedItems of this combo box. You need to make the default selected item in the combo box coming from the Items of it and equals to the data source value, in this case it's DisplayName. So, please try below:

LookUp(Office365Users.SearchUser(),DisplayName = ThisItem.Owner.DisplayName)

Another thing is that we need to discuss only one problem in a single thread so that other users would easily find the answers or solutions they are looking for to get help with. 

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

SMsat
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for this, and sorry to add a 2nd question on this thread.

I have tried the above code, but it says incompatible types for comparison: text, table.  Have tried some variations but can't fix it. Any ideas?

v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SMsat ,

If Owner is a people column allows single selection, I could not understand why the error comes up. I have a Person21 column in the list and it could auto-select the default people with this formula with no error:

vjefferni_0-1628156962111.png

people column settings:

vjefferni_1-1628157066336.png

Best regards,

SMsat
Frequent Visitor

Thank you, that was my mistake, I'd temporarily set owner to multiple select.

Coudl you confirm the defaultselecteditems code to show the displaynames if the column is set to multiple select?

v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SMsat ,

Formula for multi-select people column default selections in the Combo box would be:

Filter(Office365Users.SearchUser(),DisplayName in ThisItem.Owner.DisplayName)

Best regards,

SMsat
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your help.  I have now got the "pitch team" (multi select people picker/combobox) saving again to Sharepoint when selected.

Very strange things with this form though - now when I change the "owner" single select, mandatory combobox people picker - this again is not saving to Sharepoint!  

I have tried removing and re-adding the data source, refreshing the source.  I just can't see why it's doing this!

Items of DataCardValue4_1 is 

Filter(Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm: DataCardValue4_1.SearchText, top:950}),
!IsBlank(JobTitle) && !IsBlank(Mail) && !IsBlank(Department)
)

Update of Owner_DataCard2_1 is

{
'@odata.type': "#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedUser",
Claims: "i:0#.f|membership|" & Lower(DataCardValue4_1.Selected.Mail),
DisplayName: DataCardValue4_1.Selected.DisplayName,
Email: DataCardValue4_1.Selected.Mail,
Department: "",
JobTitle: "",
Picture: ""
}

If anyone can see an issue I would very much appreciate it!  Driving me nuts!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,444)