Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grapejuice
Helper III
Helper III

Sharepoint List and Powerapps Canvas DataCard

Good day,

So I have this issue that changes on sharepoint list doesn't update DataCard on Powerapps. (i.e. datacardkey name, or type of datacardvalue input).

1. I initially requested Number input

2. I want it to be Text input instead

3. I changed both Sharepoint List and Powerapps DataCardValue to text already

4. It is still requesting a Number input before it allows the data to be submitted

Note: 5. I can try to re-add the DataCard to powerapps from the sharepoint list, but I rather not because there are so many and it is hassle to rearrange the table.

Powerapps Won't accept unless it is a number

grapejuice_0-1634428976497.png

Setting from sharepoint list

grapejuice_0-1634429237319.png

Powerapps DataCard settings

grapejuice_1-1634429322098.png

It accepts if i-readd the DataCard, however, there are just too many. I would do this if there was only 1-5 but sadly there are a lot.

grapejuice_2-1634429146056.png

Hoping for your assistance, or is there a way to set powerapps to accept the text input

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @grapejuice ,

What is the Update of the data card? if it is Value(DataCardValue116.Text), change it to DataCardValue116.Text

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hello,

The update is Value(DataCardValue116.Text) , i tried changing it to DataCardValue116.Text but still doesn't accept text input sadly

grapejuice
Helper III
Helper III

Is it possible to select multiple datacardvalue or key? (not the card itself). So that if I will have to redo... then ill do that.

Not all using vertical->horizontal hack because there are others that i do not want to change sadly

HI @grapejuice ,

Unfortunately not apart from the vertical/horizontal hack. If it does not accept the Update, you will have to delete and re-insert the cards (this sometimes happens when you change a field type.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Okay i guess its the long route to go sadly

Thanks anyways.

Does unlocking the datacard have anything to do with not accepting update? or does it have to do that i have over 600 controls in 1 screen? 

Or is it really not yet implemented that changes made on the list that is already been "added" to the "field" does not reflect? (i.e. changing column name does not change the "parent.displayname" as well). reinserting them does always work though for me so far. But you mentioned "Sometimes happen" so it sometimes updates? maybe I did something wrong not sure

grapejuice_2-1634437695296.png

Hi @grapejuice ,

600 cards??? I have never been in that territory, so it is a bit hard to comment and this may the reason that are not "playing nice" with your changes. Note that this means 3,000 controls (ten times the threshold) on one screen (the card and the four controls - label, input, error and star in each). I always delete the star and error if I do not need to validate the input and subsequently always keep under the 300.

I also unlock all of my cards and generally put my own label (not just Parent.Displayname) and rename everything to reflect what is in it - I have a blog on this subject that may interest you. You might as well also look at the first message in my "getting started" blog - it will save you a huge amount of time and potential error when you start coding.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (1,725)