Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dsmcwhir
Helper I
Helper I

Sharepoint List form - red x's and disappearing data

Hello,

I am having an issue with my customized form for a Sharepoint List. This seems to be an error that many other people have had based on a quick search, but I have not seen any consistent fix for it.

The issue:

• Basically the same as the issue here (marked as solved but it doesn't appear to be resolved for anyone): https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Sudden-appearance-of-red-x-s/td-p/241501
  • I was using my form today and noticed that when I saved the form, much of the data did not save. So I went into the form in powerapps and got several red x's on most of my fields  with the message "the data source supplied to the function is invalid"
  • This is also accompanied by a yellow warning for the form that gives the warning seen in the screenshot.

Has anyone else had this issue recently and what do you do to resolve it? This is affecting a business process and it will be really unfortunate if we can't get the form to consistently work/save data.

dsmcwhir_0-1616096701855.png

11 REPLIES 11

Hi @ksweat , I never "fixed" the issue per se, but I've found that you can get the X's to go away temporarily by clicking "View" -> "Data sources" -> then click the 3 dots next to your List name -> then click "Refresh". They reappear however sometimes when I go into edit the form, so I just do it again and since then I haven't had any issues with the form not working correctly. Fingers crossed this won't change.

dsmcwhir_4-1622139599257.png

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

You can also get the x's to go away if you run the app.  They appear on choice columns when you open an app for editing because the choices are cached when you create the dropdown or first run the app.  If you open the app they are already created and you didn't run the app yet so they aren't cached.  Just preview the app and they will go away.  They are a runtime error.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Microsoft Ignite 768x460.png

Find your focus

Explore the latest tools,training sessions,technical expertise, networking and more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,481)