cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Sharepoint List > Powerapps > Save button not showing on Edit

I have a Sharepoint list, and in Powerapps have 3 separate screens for new, edit and view.

On the View screen, i have a button to edit the list.

When I click on the button it successfully navigates me to the edit screen, and shows the edit form, however the ribbon along the top does not have "Save" button, just "Edit", "Copy Link" and "Customise in Powerapps".  If I hit the "Edit" button, then "Save" does display

Is there any way I can get "Save" to display when using the custom button on the View screen? 

In my SharePointIntegration OnEdit field I have 

Set(SharePointFormMode, "EditForm"); EditForm(FormCoordinatorReview); Navigate(ScreenCoordinatorReview);

And on the button OnSelect I have

Set(SharePointFormMode, "EditForm"); EditForm(FormCoordinatorReview); Navigate(ScreenCoordinatorReview); 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Sharepoint List > Powerapps > Save button not showing on Edit

@Sandie 

The issue is that you are circumventing the integration with the Edit button.  Since you have a button and navigate to the Edit page, the SharePoint integration has no way to know that you are in an "edit mode".  

The concept of the buttons at the top are to provide a standard for users to interact with the record.  

So, if they view a record, they should then be clicking on the Edit button in the top...not a button in your app.

Technically, if you were to maintain this edit button in your App, then you would also incorporate a "Save" button in your app...users would just need to ignore the top buttons. 

My suggestion is to remove the Edit button and put whatever formula logic you need to be in the button in the OnEdit action of the ShaerPointIntegration control.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@Sandie 

The issue is that you are circumventing the integration with the Edit button.  Since you have a button and navigate to the Edit page, the SharePoint integration has no way to know that you are in an "edit mode".  

The concept of the buttons at the top are to provide a standard for users to interact with the record.  

So, if they view a record, they should then be clicking on the Edit button in the top...not a button in your app.

Technically, if you were to maintain this edit button in your App, then you would also incorporate a "Save" button in your app...users would just need to ignore the top buttons. 

My suggestion is to remove the Edit button and put whatever formula logic you need to be in the button in the OnEdit action of the ShaerPointIntegration control.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks, I was hoping that there was a way to set it to edit mode, ie using: Set(SharePointFormMode, "EditForm"); 

I will just go back to using the native edit button, should still be fine for my application I guess

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@Sandie 

No, SharePointFormMode is just a variable.  It has no impact on the SharePointIntegration.

In fact, the only real function you have to control the integration is RequestHide() 

When that is used, it will signal to SharePoint to close/hide the app/form.

If your doing Integration, I'd stick with the standard of the top buttons to control the flow of your app (i.e. Edit, Save, View, New, etc).  If you want more precise control, then consider doing a Custom App instead of a Customized form.

Happy PowerApp'ing

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,186)