cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Sharepoint List images visible in BrowseScreen Power Apps Studio (Phone Layout) but not visible on iPhone (whilst published)

Hi there,

So my Phone/Facebook list is uploaded as list in Sharepoint and the images are stored jpg files in SP Document folder.

The images are visible in Power Apps Studio in Phone Layout on the BrowseScreen with Image property: ThisItem. 'Image [image]'  , the Power App is published,  however.. I do not see the images on my iPhone in the browse screen. Other info such as FirstName, LastName, email is all visible. Search works too.

The images are in the SP list formatted as "Single Line of text" with column name "Image [image]" and an example URL is "https://companyname.sharepoint.com/sites/companypwrapps/Shared%20Documents/company_images/firstname...."

The images are stored in SP folder "https://companyname.sharepoint.com/sites/companypwrapps/Shared%20Documents/company_images/"

Looking forward to your solution.

regards

thb65 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @thb65 ,

If the images you are after are in the Documents Library, you need to store an identifier (I use the ID of the "master" List item) in the metadata of the Library. The process for this is explained in the Blog. You can then have a Gallery with the Items being a lookup on this identifier and the Image would be 

ThisItem.'{Thumbnail}'.Large

ThumbnailLarge.png

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @thb65 ,

This is a result of the way that the Power Apps app resolves URLs anonymously.

I have done a blog on the broader subject - have a look in the Viewing Images section (the link will take you to it) - you need the syntax

'{Thumbnail}'.Large

and will need to link the Library as a Data Source in the app.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi Warren,

Thanks but I need some clarity about defining the Document Library (in which the jpg files are stored). Still no working solution.

The Power App has a SP List as Data source.

I can add the SP Datasource and then select 'Documents' ( i do not see a selection Document Library folder named with my images ?) 

image.png

Then in BrowseScreen I  change in BrowseGallery the Image function into ThisItem.'{Thumbnail}'.Large  

The Image is not visible in Power Studio and not on my iPhone.

Also - i do not see how to allocate the Datasource Document Library to the Image only.

In BrowseGallery I can edit/ change the DataSource but tHis is valid for all items (which are in the SP list such as FirstName, LastName etc) and not for Image only ...

Also not clear for me where I point the Image item to the Document library name company_images ?

Any hints ?

thx

thb65 

Hi @thb65 ,

If the images you are after are in the Documents Library, you need to store an identifier (I use the ID of the "master" List item) in the metadata of the Library. The process for this is explained in the Blog. You can then have a Gallery with the Items being a lookup on this identifier and the Image would be 

ThisItem.'{Thumbnail}'.Large

ThumbnailLarge.png

View solution in original post

Warren,

Thanks for the hints which pointed me to the solution. 

The keys to the solution were twofold for me:

1. In Sharepoint I created a Document Library and renamed it "Images" and uploaded the Library with jpg images. Also I added columns as metadata such as FirstName, LastName, email and Mobile  number.

2. I restarted and created a new App using the Document Library "Images" and that worked okay. The key point here was after the connection with Sharepoint , a menu opens to connect with the Lists in Sharepoint - but you do not want to connect to a list , instead you want to connect to a Document Library. To do so, simply type the Library name , in my case "Images" in the blank input box and PowerApps connect to the Library.

3. Then using the Gallery and your advise on Image property  ThisItem.Thumbnail.Large  I got it working and I can use the metadata as datacards.

4. I have still some questions on how to use ID in Lookup and other stuff but will come back on that later. 

Thank you.

thb65

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (19,133)