Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TCH
Level: Powered On

Sharepoint List in Powerapps

Hi there,

I have a SharePoint list with two columns, see below: 

MedarbejderNr.PNG

One is Name and the other is Number. Now the "Name" column corresponds to the User().FullName that can be made in PowerApps with the Office365 connection.

What i would like to achieve is to say, If the Users name is put in I would like to display the corresponding number on the list in another textfield(Input of Label) 🙂 

Anyone who knows or can think of a clever idea to do this?  I am a bit stumped myself 🙂 

Thanks in advance. 
- Tobi

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
TCH

Re: Sharepoint List in Powerapps

Nevermind, 

Found the solution myself after mocking around for a bit, using the LookUp function. 
So the solution is:

LookUp(MedarbejderNr;Navn1 = User().FullName;'2)Nr')

One thing to note here is that there can be an issue with larger data sets as it loads the data outside the app, however in my case it is a dataset of "only" about a hundred occurences 🙂 

Hope this may help whoever will need it 🙂 

- Tobi 

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

Store User().FullName in a variable outside and then use it in the lookup. You should not have a problem with delegation (the large dataset warning you are talking about).

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia
https://thepoweraddict.com

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
TCH

Nevermind, 

Found the solution myself after mocking around for a bit, using the LookUp function. 
So the solution is:

LookUp(MedarbejderNr;Navn1 = User().FullName;'2)Nr')

One thing to note here is that there can be an issue with larger data sets as it loads the data outside the app, however in my case it is a dataset of "only" about a hundred occurences 🙂 

Hope this may help whoever will need it 🙂 

- Tobi 

Super User
Super User

Store User().FullName in a variable outside and then use it in the lookup. You should not have a problem with delegation (the large dataset warning you are talking about).

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia
https://thepoweraddict.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,814)