cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DynamicsHS
Resolver I
Resolver I

Sharepoint List on power app - How to view rows that are based on todays date?

Hi,

I am quite new to power apps and need some guidance. I have created a SharePoint list and I have exported it into a power app where you can see the rows of the list: 

DynamicsHS_0-1651572290325.png

This SharePoint list will be updating over time with new items added. Each row has a column for a start date.

DynamicsHS_2-1651572346796.png

Currently the gallery view is showing all the items in the SharePoint. How can I make it so that it only shows items that are todays date. So if an 5 items on the SharePoint have a date that is 01/01/2022 and on 01/01/2022 only those 5 items will be listed on the power app, and the next day if I have 2 items with a start date of 02/01/2022 only those two items are shown.

This is current the formula written is: This just has the gallery view a descending order

DynamicsHS_3-1651572669444.png

The powerapp also has a details screen where the date is located:

DynamicsHS_4-1651572811115.png

Can anyone please provide some guidance as to how I could achieve this?

Thanks,

Henry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LennartWalldén
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi @DynamicsHS 

If you change the  Items property of the Gallery to:
SortByColumns(Filter('Leave - Tracker', StartDate = Today() && StartsWith(Title, TextSearchBox1.Text)),"Title", If (SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending)) it should work.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LennartWalldén
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi @DynamicsHS 

If you change the  Items property of the Gallery to:
SortByColumns(Filter('Leave - Tracker', StartDate = Today() && StartsWith(Title, TextSearchBox1.Text)),"Title", If (SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending)) it should work.

Thank you! It worked! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,361)