Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Sharepoint List using PowerApp not updating automatically

Hi everyone,

I built a custom form app that adds and updates items in a Sharepoint 2013 Online list.

I notice that when I use the app to change a list item the values are not updated in the Sharepoint view, unless I refresh the page. For some other lists it seems the items are indeed updated immediately without having to refresh the page.

Is there a logic to this? Does it have to do with the number of items in the list?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Re: Sharepoint List using PowerApp not updating automatically

I have noticed this in our tenant as well. I have noticed that some lists update immediately and then the next time the data changes you have to refresh the list to see it.

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi@meas90,

Do you want to automatically refresh the SP list after submitting the custom form?

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario, is this custom form a standalone app rather than a SharePointIntegration?

If it is a standalone app, the form you submit from it won't display from the SP list except for refreshing the SharePoint site. As we know, a custom form within PowerApps is running as a standalone app that creates and updates to SP list. Even though you add a Refresh() function right behind the SubmitForm() function, which only makes sense to the App rather than the SP list.

But if your custom form is created from the SharePoint list site,  then all the updates should automatically display after you submit the form.

If you really want to add this feature to PowerApps, you can vote for this idea:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/Auto-refresh-sharepoint-list-with-custom-Power-...

Further, here is a thread where the user claims he has found a solution, you can check for reference:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/PowerApp-is-not-updating-Sharepoint-list-whe...

Best Regards,

Qi

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hello Qi,

Thanks for your reply. I don't believe it's a standalone app since I used the 'Customize Forms' button in the Sharepoint List.

meas90_0-1598860125910.png

I've checked the thread you referenced and the solution to hide the ID column does not apply here, since it's was already hidden in my list.

As mentioned by @BrianS too, the issue seems to be intermittent so I'm not sure where to start to troubleshoot this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,864)