Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CarlosCalleja
Helper I
Helper I

Sharepoint Picture Library photos not showing on mobile

Hello!

I've been trying to show pictures from a Sharepoint Picture Library, the way my app's data source is set up is I have a list with a column named Thumbnail, where I have the link of the image and have it set as Picture, so the list shows the Thumbnail. 

Now, I have a set of images stored in a separate SP List from where I take the link, this images show in the mobile app with no problem. However, the images whose link is taken from a SP Picture Library are not visible on mobile, but visible only on the web version. Could this be because I cannot connect a SP Picture Library as a data source?

Is there any way to do this? I would prefer if I didn't need to create a Flow, because the ownership of the app needs to be transferred due to the confidentiality of the information, which would make this more complicated. 

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12

Post above was duplicated - removed content

Hi @Serviced2000 ,

You just need a field in your Library referencing the "parent" record. I use a numeric field called IDRef containing the ID of the Parent. Your photo Image is then

LookUp(
   LibraryName,
   IDRef=ThisItem.ID
).'{Thumbnail}'.Large

It is however much easier to simply attach the photo to the list if you only have one per record and then the photo Image is

First(ThisItem.Attachments).Value

which also works fine on mobile devices

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

Serviced2000
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @WarrenBelz 

Once again you've come through with the goods for me - that worked 100% and is looking brilliant on the mobile version of my app. I need to rearchitecture my image management piece but I suspect that will be pretty trivial in comparision.

Thanks, as always, for your help and patience with my N00b questions! 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,454)