cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Sharepoint Picture Library photos not showing on mobile

Hello!

I've been trying to show pictures from a Sharepoint Picture Library, the way my app's data source is set up is I have a list with a column named Thumbnail, where I have the link of the image and have it set as Picture, so the list shows the Thumbnail. 

Now, I have a set of images stored in a separate SP List from where I take the link, this images show in the mobile app with no problem. However, the images whose link is taken from a SP Picture Library are not visible on mobile, but visible only on the web version. Could this be because I cannot connect a SP Picture Library as a data source?

Is there any way to do this? I would prefer if I didn't need to create a Flow, because the ownership of the app needs to be transferred due to the confidentiality of the information, which would make this more complicated. 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @CarlosCalleja ,

You can display photos from either attachments or a SharePoint document library on Apple and Android devices easily. This also works on PCs.

If from a SharePoint Library - in a Gallery  the Image control Image property is 

ThisItem.'{Thumbnail}'.Large

For a Standalone picture on the form

GalleryName.Selected.'{Thumbnail}'.Large

(you can also use Small and Medium

For an Attachment in a gallery with Items showing attachments for selected item - Items of Gallery

GalleryName.Selected.Attachments

Image property in gallery

ThisItem.Value

For standalone picture

GalleryName.Selected.Value

To show the first attachment on a form

First(GalleryName.Selected).Value

We do this with thousands of pictures in the field and it works very reliably.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @CarlosCalleja ,

You can display photos from either attachments or a SharePoint document library on Apple and Android devices easily. This also works on PCs.

If from a SharePoint Library - in a Gallery  the Image control Image property is 

ThisItem.'{Thumbnail}'.Large

For a Standalone picture on the form

GalleryName.Selected.'{Thumbnail}'.Large

(you can also use Small and Medium

For an Attachment in a gallery with Items showing attachments for selected item - Items of Gallery

GalleryName.Selected.Attachments

Image property in gallery

ThisItem.Value

For standalone picture

GalleryName.Selected.Value

To show the first attachment on a form

First(GalleryName.Selected).Value

We do this with thousands of pictures in the field and it works very reliably.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Hi @CarlosCalleja ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

@WarrenBelz  Thanks it works pretty well. The problem I have now is that I have a form where I use the image field.

I am trying to submit the URL through the form and display it back in another screen on the mobile app. Because the list is set to image, nothing is submitted on that field, even though the default is set to the url and it displays it correctly on the app. Is there a way to do this?

Hi @CarlosCalleja ,

I don't completely understand your question, but the the only way to display SharePoint images on a mobile app is the Thumbnail approach.

Hey Warren,

I just wanted to drop in and say thanks. I was struggling with this for a while and there was no clear solution regarding pulling images from a Sharepoint List.

What ended up working was:

1. Create a SharePoint Image Library
  2. Upload images
  3. Add the image link to a SharePoint List
  4. Make the column type "hyperlink"
  5. Add an image to the form field
  6. Finally, do as you suggested and add Image = ThisItem.SPListColumnName

Worked perfectly. Greatly appreciate your input. Other solutions online via blogs and YT suggested created Power Automate solutions that were overly complicated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,985)