cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ch483

Sharepoint/PowerApps: Using multiple submitforms() to sharepoint lists fails randomly

Hi,

I think we've encountered a strange bug since the update of the newest Sharepoint Version (the one with the left icon bar):

We had a PowerApp that submitted data to multiple sharepoint lists via

Concurrent(
SubmitForm('Form1'),
SubmitForm('Form2'), 
SubmitForm('Form3'),
);

This worked like a charm until somewhat mid-last week (1st week of May).

Now, it randomly submits all forms or only the very first. I create a new entry via Sharepoint - all lists are populated. I do so again, only the very first is populated. I try again, all are populated. There is no pattern, and as far as I can see, it doesn't matter what browser or switches I pull on the frontend.

Did somebody notice something similar?

Thanks!

CH

6 REPLIES 6
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@Ch483 

Try troubleshooting with 

SubmitForm('Form1');
SubmitForm('Form2');
SubmitForm('Form3');

and see if that works.

Ch483

Thank you very much for your input - appreciate your help very much.

We tried it already with and without Concurrent() - but alas nothing changes. We have 10 PowerApps on this Sharepoint and all demonstrated the same behaviour from one day to the next.

Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@Ch483 , sorry just a thought.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Ch483 

Do you have any error checking in place?  Your forms all have an OnFailure and an OnSuccess action.

I would attempt to at least put Notify functions in each one of those actions in all the forms and see which one is not submitting properly.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
Ch483

Hi RandyHayes,

thanks for your input. I added Notifies to OnFailue in all forms but they don't fire.

The form, that comes first in the SubmitForms() lineup is ok, the rest is missing.

The funny thing is that it worked fine until some days ago and since (apparanetly?) the sharepoint version changed, it doesn't work anymore. Looked through all KBs, but didn't find anything that could point into that direction.

Ch483

Just as a thought: The apps (i.e. customized sharepoint input forms) contain multiple forms that get submitted to distinct lists in Sharepoint. These forms are shown one by one (triggering via buttons that switch visibilities) - could it be something with that? When saving, I tried to switch each form visible, then submit it, then go to the next - but alas, nothing changed.

Any thoughts?

Your help is much appreciated!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,595)