Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nikola_bgd
Advocate II
Advocate II

Sharepoint + Repeated tables

Hi, 

I want to make a PowerApp and I'm having trouble on how to do it. 

So what I need is a view form of a couple of items from a SharePoint list, no edit here I can pull the data from a already present and populated SharePoint list. 

[ item title - searchable]   [code]  [date created] 

Under this information, I would need a repeated table section with a + to add new rows.

[Name]   [Cost]  +

[Name1] [Cost1] + (etc)

What I'm having trouble with is that the new rows from the repeated table section, after saving, should go to another SharePoint list as individual list items (every new row a new item), but all having also info taken from [ item title]   [code]  [date created].

Any ideas? 

5 REPLIES 5
BCLS776
Super User
Super User

From your description, I picture an app with two forms: a View form that displays information from the first Sharepoint list, and a second New/Edit form that allows you to create or edit records in a second Sharepoint list. You can use functionality within Power Apps to pull specific pieces of info from the first list to include as part of the record in the second list. 

Is that what you are after?

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Yes, exactly 

indhaa
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi

Just have a look at this video on how to create a repeating table on SharePoint so you will get some idea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgznk4XlPCo

hey @BCLS776 , any idea on how to do this?

BCLS776
Super User
Super User

Yes, check out this reference on working with form controls in Power Apps to start.

When you're building your app, put a Display form on one page and connect it to the SP list you want to read-only from.

Then, put an Edit form on another page and connect it to the SP list you want to write records to.

Next, add the fields to the Edit form that you want to work with. At the minimum, you will need any required fields for your SP list. Now, edit the Default property of any card on your form so that it references a control from the Display form that contains the data you want to capture on the Edit form.

That's a high-level description anyways. Check out the reference provided earlier and do some searches on here related to Edit forms for more ideas. If you're stuck, ask another question in the community.

Hope that helps!

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,049)