cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Xavier83
Level: Power Up

Sharepoint URL converted when accessing from PowerApps

Hello,

 

I created a sharepoint list with Sharepoint URL inside of it.

The content of this Sharepoint list is then displayed in Power Apps Application.

 

Once users are in PowerApps and they click on this Sharepoint URL, the URL is modified from "https://XXX.Sharepoint.com/teams/..." (where XXX represents the name of the company) to "https://pafeblobprodam.blob.core.windows.net/teams/... resulting to an Error 404.

 

Why PowerApps is modifying my URL?

How to avoid that?

 

Thanks for your help!

 

Best Regs,

Xavier.

 

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Sharepoint URL converted when accessing from PowerApps

Hi @Xavier83,

 

I cannot reproduce your issue.

 

I have a Hyperlink column in the list, and I have my SharePoint online teamsite URL like this filled in one item for example:

"https://xxxxx.sharepoint.com/sites/TeamSite"

 

I let PowerApps auto-generates the app using this SharePoint list. And add this Hyperlink column to data card of EditForm. When I click on the link "https://xxxxx.sharepoint.com/sites/TeamSite" in EditForm under display mode of app on my iPhone, it brings me to browser and I see the URL changed from "https://xxxxx.sharepoint.com/sites/TeamSite" to "https://login.microsoftonline.com/xxxx". Then the authentication windows shows and after I entered my account information correctly, my Team Site shows correctly. 

 

I also tried with Windows studio and web browser, both works fine.

 

Are there special setting of the URL of your SharePoint site? Could you try with other sites?

 

Regards,

Mona

 

 

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Xavier83
Level: Power Up

Re: Sharepoint URL converted when accessing from PowerApps

Hi @v-monli-msft

First of all, many thanks for your reply!

 

Following additional tests performed, it appears that I have this issue only with Sharepoint Site URL. Indeed, I put a URL of another site and it's working fine.

 

One more thing I would like to mention, I'm having this error message when I'm running my Apps from Dynamic365. However, when I'm running my Apps from PowerApps directly and when I click on the URL, I'm receiving a Pop-Up mentioning that I need a App to open the URL (this URL is pointing to a PDF on a Sharepoint site).

--> See Screenshot hereunder.

 

Do you think it could be due to a setting of our Sharepoint?

 

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best Regs,

Xavier.

PowerApps.png

 

 

 

 

 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Sharepoint URL converted when accessing from PowerApps

Hi @Xavier83,

 

I agree that the issue might be related to your SharePoint site URL settings. I'm no expert in SharePoint but please ask if your SharePoint admin that if you have any special setting on the URL. 

 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,854)