cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Drrickryp
Super User II
Super User II

Sharepoint and CDS

I have seen how to create a CDS entity from sharepoint but can an entity remain synchronized to a sharepoint list?

7 REPLIES 7
CWesener
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hello,

Thanks for posting - we have work underway at the moment to keep this syncronized. There is a preview coming out shortly that includes this functionality, if you're interested in being involved please send me a message.

Thanks,
Clay.

I would like to help.  Let me know how.

I've yet to find any documentation or tutorials displaying or describing this functionality

You have two options - if you're using SharePoint as your datasource, and that is where you would like it to stay, you can build a Canvas app that connects directly to SharePoint without having to use CDS to store your data.

If you'd like to bring your data into CDS and build your apps from there, you can use PowerQuery to move that data from SharePoint into CDS - however this isnt a two way sync, so your data will only move from SharePoint to CDS. If you need your SharePoint list to be the master and be kept up to date, then connecting directly to your SharePoint list is probably your best option. 

You can read about creating an app directly against SharePoint here. You can also read about getting data from your SharePoint list into an entity from here.

Thanks,
Clay.

Hi

I have several Sharepoint Lists to create, in multiple sites, that will have some duplicated fields. 

Is it possible to put the common data in the CDS and use Lookups to display the data in each of the Sharepoint Lists?

Thanks in advance

Anonymous
Not applicable

adding @CWesener back in to assist with the latest question in the thread.

@Anonymous

Hi
I am having an error trying to load data from sp list there is any way to identify which is the error the message just says there is an error and an execution id

Any help will be appreciated

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power Apps User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (57,767)