cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Sharepoint calculated field in powerapps

Hello,
I'm formatting a sharepoint form with powerapps and I'm not able to transform sharepoint calculated fields to integer.
In sharepoint the result of these fields are configured as number with 0 decimal, when they are displayed in powerapps, they are seen as text with a sequence of 0 almost infinite.
I tried the following formulas, without success.
- Text (Parent.Default; "[$ - en-US] en-US") the number appears without successfully deleting the 0
- Value (Parent.Default; "en-FR") the number disappears and the field remains empty.

If anyone can help me.

thank you so much

4 REPLIES 4
Helper V
Helper V

Just make a custom section on your form that displays that same number but calculated on powerapps side.

IE) text=thisitem.value1/thisistem.value2

since sharepoint calculates it itself on its side you don't pass the number on through the form, and since you know the formula it's calculating it's easy enough to let sharepoint calculate it.

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @StephaneVedren ,

Could you please share a bit more about the Calculated field in your SP list? Do you set the date type returned from this Calculated field as Number?

Further, do you want to remove the infinite '0' from the Calculated field value?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think the Round function could achieve your needs. I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:1.JPG

Unlock the Calculated Field data card in Edit form, set the Text property of the Label within the Calculated Field data card to following:

Round(Value(Parent.Default), 0)

More details about the Round function, please check the following article:

Round function

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-xida-msft 

My calculated field is basic. (Capture.JPG)
I tested your formula, which seems to almost work. I do not have an error message, but it always returns 0 and not the rounded number ... I do not understand why. (Capture2.JPG)

Best regards

Hi @StephaneVedren ,

Currently, I could not reproduce your issue on my side.

Please make sure the result the Parent.Default formula (that you mentioned) returned is a proper Number value rather than 0.

Also please take a try to modify your formula as below:

Round(Value(ThisItem.YourCalculatedField), 0)

If the issue still exists, please consider re-create a new app based on your SP list, then try above formula agian, check if the issue is fixed.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,405)