Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DawidK
Helper I
Helper I

Sharepoint choice columns issue

Hi,

I have a sharepoint list. Two of my columns are "choice" ones.

I need a function to if i choose GOOGLE on Service Selected i want to make the same choice on Service Affected

3.PNG

but if i choose UNSUPPORTED on Service Selected i want to be able to choose the Service Affected from the dropdown menu.

2.PNG

I am trying to make an IF statement:

!If(DataCardValue28_4.Selected.Value = "UNSUPPORTED_CALLS",DataCardValue28_4.Selected.Value)

but i have an error Expected Table Value.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @DawidK ,

I assume you are referring to the Default of the other Drop Down or the DefaultSelectedValue if a Combo Box? You need

If(
   DataCardValue28_4.Selected.Value <> "UNSUPPORTED_CALLS",
   {Value:DataCardValue28_4.Selected.Value},
   Parent.Default
)

On the OnChange of your first drop-down

Reset(DataCardValue28_4)

I have not looked at your logic, just the syntax

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Hi @DawidK ,

The reference to a combo/dropdown selected item depends on the Items property of the control.

When you type DataCardValue28_4.Selected. (note second dot), valid values will come up underneath. For some guidance of what they mean: -

• If your Items are Choices(ListName.FieldName) - a Choices or Lookup field), the reference will be DataCardValue28_4.Selected.Value
  • If they are Distinct( . . .  .), it will be DataCardValue28_4.Selected.Result
  • The other option is when they are based on a field value in a list (other than Distinct), then it will be DataCardValue28_4..Selected.FieldName (actual field name)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @DawidK ,

I assume you are referring to the Default of the other Drop Down or the DefaultSelectedValue if a Combo Box? You need

If(
   DataCardValue28_4.Selected.Value <> "UNSUPPORTED_CALLS",
   {Value:DataCardValue28_4.Selected.Value},
   Parent.Default
)

On the OnChange of your first drop-down

Reset(DataCardValue28_4)

I have not looked at your logic, just the syntax

Thanks for a fast reply.

I should ask for help 4 hours earlier ! You made my night longer. I can go sleep.

Take care.

Thanks alot!

No problems @DawidK , although 4 hours earlier I would have been asleep (9:30am Monday here in Oz).

Hi

WarrenBelz

If(
ServiceSelected_1.SelectedItems.Field1.text <> "UNSUPPORTED_CALLS",
{Value:ServiceSelected_1.SelectedItems.Field1.text},
Parent.Default
)

I try to make this one like u told me but know it isnt working

Also .value doesn't work

Hi @DawidK ,

The reference to a combo/dropdown selected item depends on the Items property of the control.

When you type DataCardValue28_4.Selected. (note second dot), valid values will come up underneath. For some guidance of what they mean: -

• If your Items are Choices(ListName.FieldName) - a Choices or Lookup field), the reference will be DataCardValue28_4.Selected.Value
  • If they are Distinct( . . .  .), it will be DataCardValue28_4.Selected.Result
  • The other option is when they are based on a field value in a list (other than Distinct), then it will be DataCardValue28_4..Selected.FieldName (actual field name)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (4,897)