cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Sharepoint custom view date problems

Hi, I'm making a leave application app and it's almost done. Now I want a sharepoint list custom view that only show relevant fields when certain leave category is chosen , so it will be easier for administrater to check the data.

The problem is that if I customize the list view, the date field wil be shown in a strange form.

Here is the example. This is the default view, with title, entry date, application category,start date and end date. 

before.png

When I apply the customized view, The field has application category,start date and end date. And the date field is shown in a strange way. How can I use the customized view and still make the date field shown in the former way?Thanks for your help. 

after.png

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: Sharepoint custom view date problems

Can I get some help?

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ROSSQIAN,

Do you create your SP list custom view within your SharePoint Designer or using PowerApps app?

For SP list custom view within your SharePoint Designer, I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:4.JPG

For SP list custom view created using PowerApps app (Create SP list custom form using PowerApps), I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:5.JPG

I think this issue is related to the render issue within your SP list, please take a try to clear cache of your browser, then try again within your SP list, check if the issue is solved.

Within the SharePointIntegration app, please set the Format property of the Date Picker control (associated with the Date type columns in your SP list) to following formula:

DateTimeFormat.ShortDateTime24

6.JPG

In addition, you could also take a try to open your SP list using another Browser, then check if the issue still exists. Please also take a try to re-create your SP list and re-create a Custom form view for it using PowerApps, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi,

I'm using powerapps to make my custom view in sharepoint.

I use different browsers to test my app, also I called some colleagues to see the form, it did not solve the problem.

After change the format property of the end date ,the form become like this

PROBLEM.png

And here is the designer view in my powerapps

DESIGN.png

I noticed that in your example ,there's only a date picker. But my example also contains an hour picker and a minute picker.

Maybe that is the reason?

Thanks for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,855)