cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LukeAtWork
Frequent Visitor

Sharepoint doc library powerapp form will not let me change a field from View Text to Edit Text

I created a PowerApp Form to replace a standard sharepoint document library default form but the PowerApp Form will not let me set some data fields control type to "Edit text" boxes.  For example the file name only gives me view options.

See below screenshot that shows where some fields allow a control type selection of "Edit text".  In the Sharepoint default form it is editable.  How do I change these fields from "View text" to editable text boxes in the PowerApps form?

Sharepoint form locked view only.png

8 REPLIES 8
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @LukeAtWork ,

What type of field is that you are trying to change?

@WarrenBelz Thanks for the reply, it is the sharepoint document library filename field 

Hi @LukeAtWork ,

If that is the Name of the file field, you cannot change it in Power Apps - it needs to be done directly in the SharePoint native interface such as a Grid View.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @LukeAtWork ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Is there a workaround?  If I cannot change the name of a file with the powerapps form that means I cannot replace my sharepoint form with a powerapps form.

Hi @LukeAtWork ,

Only using Power Automate - here is a post on the process (it is far from straight-forward)

@WarrenBelz that is for a flow to change a filename.  I would like to be able to change a file name in a powerapps form that is replacing a sharepoint form that allows file name changes natively.

@LukeAtWork ,

You cannot do this (SharePoint presents the field to Power Apps as Read Only and there is no way to change this)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,895)