cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StuCundy
Post Patron
Post Patron

Sharepoint form defaulting to the first item

I have a sharepoint list form working well and now it only opens the first item in the list.  Not sure what I have done.

Datasource is [@LongTermStudents] 

18 REPLIES 18

Hi @StuCundy ,

That's really strange...

I've checked all the formulas that you used, none of them is wrong.

Please check these points:

1)clear all the formulas about Reset function. Resetting data source will make the action invalid such as selecting.

2)do not forget to save and publish your form every time you make change.

3)clear your browser's cache, update it to the latest version

4)try other browsers

Actually, I made similar test but not met the same problem like your description.

If you tried all the solutions but not work, I suggest you recreate your sharepoint custom form.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @StuCundy ,

Customizing system field will indeed cause some problems, which we quite not recommend do.

Do you mean that you change the system field's name and reinsert that field in your form?

If so, I suggest you delete that form and reinsert a form, try again.

If that still not help, maybe you need to recreate a list.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yutliu-msft 

Thank you for your input.  I have restored a previous version and notice that it is the last version using powerapps release 3.20051.16

When  use 3.20051.17 I have an issue.  is this number with me or powerapps?  Coincidence?

Hi @v-yutliu-msft 

All I did was change the ID field to StudentID.  But even though it was working, in powerapps version 3.20051.17 it will not pickup the selected item.  I will recreate my form unless you can suggest why to get the sharepointIntergration to see my ID again and not StudentID.  

I am on the right track here?

@StuCundy ,

My thoughts are the same as @v-yutliu-msft  - there is nothing wrong with the code you presented (which is why maybe you need to look for something else you may have changed).

@WarrenBelz 
Can i not just go to the trigger that selects the item?  Im 99% sure its a result of me changing the ID column name.

@StuCundy ,

I have never renamed an ID, but I would not be surprised it it had unintended consequences.

Hi @StuCundy ,

1)That should not be powerapps version problem.

I've made a similar test in powerapps 3.20051.17 version but not met the same problem.

2)The trigger of selecting item is about ID field, which is a very important system field.

So I'm afraid you could only recreate list to solve this problem.

Please notice do not customize system field again.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

Hi @v-yutliu-msft  and @WarrenBelz 

Half a day later and I am back up and running.  Far more knowledge this time round.  Thank you for your help.  I'm sure Ill need it again soon with something else.  Form is working well and ID is just "ID"

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,951)