cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper IV
Helper IV

Sharepoint form

Hello to all. I'm new to power apps.
I'd like to ask a few questions regarding the forms in sharepoint.
I have a list of items that are files or folders. These have information related to them. I made a form in power apps so I can see the information for these items. My questions are

1. How can I leave that form fixed on the right side of Sharepoint? So far, when you double click on an element, the app form just appears on the right side.

2. Is it possible to have a form at folder level? That is, without having to access the contents of the folder, just by selecting it you can display a form with information from the folder?

Thank you very much for your help.

4 REPLIES 4
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @elaaadani ,

Could you please share more details about your scenario? Do you want the View/Edit panel to be fixed on the right of the list page? Are you working with SharePoint Online?

If so, I'm afraid there is no way to achieve your needs within original SPO list as I known. 

I tried to leverage a new Site, add a one-third right column, left part add a list and the customize PowerApps app in right part, but found this not working since once clicking items in left list it will open a new tab with the customize form.

Maybe there is some solution to make it work but looks more like a SharePoint Online question, sorry to say that you'd better ask a question on the SP community forum

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Thank you very much for responding to me @v-jefferni 
I am creating a form in power apps to display the information of the items in a list. I need to show also the Metadata information of the files. When I click, the form is displayed and the information appears, like this example

help.jpg

Hi @elaaadani ,

I understood your scenario.

The thing is I could not figure out how to call out and display PowerApps with that metadata on right panel by clicking a document item, since in SP the default action of click an item is open a new page with that item details.

I tried like I described above, intend to test the scenario in customized Site but failed. So may be there is a way to make it like through JS or something else, but I'm not able to work with that. My appology.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

Helper IV
Helper IV

Thank you very much. I also did the test and indeed a new tab appears.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (96,955)