cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KrisMcBride1

Sharepoint forms customized shows last form loaded

I am working with a client on their Sharepoint form we are customizing with PowerApps.  I have observed this behavior on a complex form, and then again on ea very simple form in the process of testing. 

When accessing forms, it is always the case that when the form loads, it is showing me the previous data , for perhaps a 1 - 2 seconds.  So If I am accessing a form for Tom Green, and submit.  As soon as I EITHER click the new form button, or I access another form, Tom Green data will appear briefly.  

This issue is not a problem per-say, as the data does not stick, but it is creating a lack of confidence with the users as they think there is a issue with the form, or they will be changing data for another form.  Its all about perception.  Ideally, when clicking a new form, it would be blank  from the start, and when accessing any of the other forms, we would not see a brief "ghost" of the previous form loading. 

Is this normal behavior we need to adjust to, or is there a solution to this?  It is difficult to search on this phenomenon as it is difficult to describe and get related search results.  It may be I an not phrasing the issue well in the search engines. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @KrisMcBride1 

To tackle such a scenario, you can Refresh the datasource on the OnSuccess property of the form control.

You can update the configuration as:
EditForm -> OnSuccess -> Refresh(DataSource);ResetForm(FormName); followed by all the other expressions if any.

Also, where you have the control to initiate new form, maybe on the browse screen as per standard template. You can add this expression on the form like:

Add New Icon -> OnSelect -> ResetForm(FormName);NewForm(FormName);Navigate(ScreenName)

This way the form is reset before the user is navigated to the screen.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
poweractivate
Community Champion
Community Champion

@KrisMcBride1 

If this really bothers you, you can try and hide the brief portion of time from the user and you can try and make this time shorter as well using the following potential trick:

You can create a screen that all it says is Loading.

Then insert a Timer control and make it invisible.

Set it to some small value like 500 milliseconds (i.e. half a second) - the Timer units are in milliseconds. You can play with this value to make it suit your needs.

Then, OnTimerStart, go ahead and Refresh (YourDataSourceName)

Then, OnTimerEnd, go ahead and Refresh (YourDataSourceName) once more in case, then Navigate to your screen with the form on it. So - Refresh (YourDataSourceName);Navigate(YourScreenname)

For more info, you can try to adapt this recipe we released for free to the PowerApps community: App Timer Wait Recipe - it also contains a free .msapp download so you can see a fully working example yourself and even edit it in PowerApps maker to practice and play with it.

yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @KrisMcBride1 

To tackle such a scenario, you can Refresh the datasource on the OnSuccess property of the form control.

You can update the configuration as:
EditForm -> OnSuccess -> Refresh(DataSource);ResetForm(FormName); followed by all the other expressions if any.

Also, where you have the control to initiate new form, maybe on the browse screen as per standard template. You can add this expression on the form like:

Add New Icon -> OnSelect -> ResetForm(FormName);NewForm(FormName);Navigate(ScreenName)

This way the form is reset before the user is navigated to the screen.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Hi - I just wanted to bump this thread up to say it's not working for me.

I've seen this issue for all the customized form apps that I created and even the default app that is generated by PowerApps when customizing a SharePoint form.  Is there a way to avoid this? It looks like a caching issue with Power Apps platform and SharePoint not in the Powerapp itself. I haven't seen this issue in a regular PowerApp, only in PowerApps SharePoint customized forms.

I have a SharePoint customized form (the PowerApp appears in the SharePoint List window when viewing/editing/creating records). Whenever I click on an item in my SharePoint List to view, it always shows the last record I viewed/edited for about 1-2 seconds before it appears.

Has anyone been able to solve this? 
(and no I don't want to add a loading screen as that would ruin the UX as well, especially when viewing many records)
@v-yutliu-msft   @v-siky-msft   @v-bofeng-msft   @v-xida-msft 

Hi @yashag2255  and @KrisMcBride1 ,

I am facing the same issue in my SP Powerapps forms, here I am using separate forms for NewForm, EditForm, and ViewForm.

I tried the solution, which is accepted as a solution but it didn't work for me. any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!

PowerExplorer
Helper I
Helper I

Powerfolks Please I need help  ,with the issue explained above, I'm having same issue, My SP list customized and the form is very simple less than 10 columns and no validation/code.  And i only have one form control/SharePointForm1. So, whenever any form is opened(View,new,edit) it loads the previous data/entry for 1/2 sec before loading the right data . Unless I refresh in between all clicks.

Let's say If I refresh before clicking another item it shows blank form before loading the item , which is better than showing previous data. It confuse users and  you can't tell hundreds of users to refresh each time they click item to view or create or edit. It just falls under an issue that PApps isn't refreshing properly  / caching... 

I've tried 

Refresh('SP list'); ResetForm(SharePointForm1);EditForm(SharePointForm1)
Refresh('SP list');ResetForm(SharePointForm1);NewForm(SharePointForm1)
Refresh('SP list');ResetForm(SharePointForm1); ViewForm(SharePointForm1)

And reverse order,  1st resetform then refreshForm, 

ResetForm(SharePointForm1); Refresh('SP list'); ViewForm(SharePointForm1)

2. Onsuccess : Refresh('SP list'); ResetForm(SharePointForm1);RequestHide()

Nothing solved. 

steve_hendy
Resolver I
Resolver I

Under SharePointIntegration for OnView, OnNew and OnEdit add ;Navigate(FormScreen1,ScreenTransition.Cover)

For example in OnEdit I have EditForm(SharePointForm1);Navigate(FormScreen1,ScreenTransition.Cover)

FormScreen1 is the name of the screen you always want to start with.

Sorry to say, but this aproach doesn't solve the issue. We need to refresh the screen and not the form or the data set. The cash keeps the last screen used to submit the form and this must be refreshed. I have tried all the ResetForm, Refresh SP data source, changed the order of the commands in OnEdit, or On New, and nothing works. Too pity, I cannot help my users and I have to recommend them to use Ctrl+F5 before each edit. Or the last choice is to migrate the custom form in a canvas app. I still hope that a Microsoft expert to come with a solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,569)