cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shauniekent
Frequent Visitor

Sharepoint forms - possible to have more than one 'edit' form type?

I've searched and couldn't find an answer....

I'm exploring the possibility of using powerapps in conjunction with a sharepoint list we use to manage project ideas.

I'd like more than one edit form. Possibly one wdit form with fewer fields for an initial entry, one edit form showing all fields for a detailed entry and another edit form for a subset of fields (for use in business case preparation).

This last form would effectively be replacing an excel businss case document we currently send to people to gather their input.

Before i spend any more time searching, can anyone tell me if this can be solved using a sharepoint and powerapps forms?

Thanks,

Shaun

1 REPLY 1
skmcken
Helper V
Helper V

In powerApps, you can split your form into multiples dependant on another control e.g. Status = 1 only show fields 1,2,3, Status = 2, show fields 1,2,3,4,5.

The one trick is to make sure that your SharePoint List does not have any required fields that may be shown later in the process. If you do, the hidden parts of the form will throw an error. Set the required option within PowerApps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,398)