Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sk2912
Helper II
Helper II

Sharepoint > Powerapps > Outlook

Hello Everyone,

I am new to PowerApps and do not have a IT background.

I have 3 sharepoint list 

Page 1 - Offers made list (contains name , address, offer made)

Page 2 - Offers confimed or rejected list (Is offer confirmed or not, also contains name address etc.)

Page 3 - Confimed order list (only when confirmed, this list has Invoice number etc.)

For theses 3 sharepoint pages i have made 3 different forms in PowerApps.

What i want is when form 1 of Page 1 is submitted, then make a link of form 2 (Page 2) in which form automatically populates the data from form 1 (do not need dropdown, already tried that. Works but when 2 offers are there, one made on 28.01.2020 (ID 1)and other made on 29.01.2020 (ID 2) and for some reason when the 29th one got confirmed first then the forms in Page 2 makes ID 1 which is euqal to 28 th one, want ID 2, so thats why special link which will make same ID ).

Also i want to send this link from MS flows > Outlook email, so it should be automatically refreshed, meaning when a new form is submitted in form 1 then it should a make seperate link for form 2 for that specific sharepoint ID(want IDs to be same for same offer in all pages as it will be easy to track) which the user can use via outlook.

How to write this in powerapps. If possible please reply as soon as possible. 

Also i have tried some things pleare review those to and let me know if something can be done.

I have attached some images :

1.jpgPowerapps tryPowerapps try

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Sanket

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

For this kind of thing to work you need to have some kind of Foreign Key that links the records in the three lists together.  The forms themselves simply display what is in the data sources.  So what you really want is that when Form 1 is submitted it automatically updates (or creates a new record) in List 2 and the same thing for Form 2 to list 3.  Do you have a field that ties the records in the three lists together?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

For this kind of thing to work you need to have some kind of Foreign Key that links the records in the three lists together.  The forms themselves simply display what is in the data sources.  So what you really want is that when Form 1 is submitted it automatically updates (or creates a new record) in List 2 and the same thing for Form 2 to list 3.  Do you have a field that ties the records in the three lists together?

View solution in original post

Hello @Pstork1 ,

Thanks for the reply.

For this kind of thing to work you need to have some kind of Foreign Key that links the records in the three lists together.

- The foreign key that you mentioned can't we use SharePoint ID for that ?

- When form 1 submits, i do not want to create a new data in list 2, beacuse list should only be made when the order is confirmed or cancelled not before that.

- No i do not have any field that ties 3 forms together because i was more inclined to using the SharePoint item ID.

(Also, could you please let me know with pictures how to do it,if thats a solution? )

Reagrds,

Sanket

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

1) You can't really use the List Item ID for that since the ID of an item in List 1 has not relationship to an item in List 2.  YOu could record the ID from list 1 in the item in List 2, but that's had to do since the ID in List 1 is generated when you create the item.  Since you want to create the item in List 2 at the same time you won't have the ID available to populate list 2.

2) I understand that the item in list 2 is only created when the item in list 1 is confirmed.  But that confirmation would happen when submitting Form 1 wouldn't it?

3) As I said in #1 you can use the ID of the record in the other lists to tie records together, but the timing is difficult.  This isn't a Power Apps or SharePoint issue.  Its basic database design.  If you want to relate records to other records there has to be some value that is the same in both records. By default the ID won't be the same. So unless you record the ID of the record in the other lists then its not a foreign key.

If the Item ID from List 1 is what ties the records in each list together then you can load the values in the other lists by doing a lookup on List 2 or List 3 using the ID value from List 1 (Form 1).

HI @Pstork1 ,

Thank you very much for the fast reply.

- No problem , trying to look the problem other way.

- Yes, you are right.

- Thanks you once again.

Trying to work on foreign key and if you have any idea please let mw know how to approach.

Viele Grüße,

Sanket

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Can you provide the column definitions for each of your lists?  I'll try to help identify what you might be able to use as a foreign key.

Hello @Pstork1 ,

So the column have name, address, Transaction number, city, place, Postal code, Product name

And transaction code is common in all 3 lists.

I think out of these we can work with transaction number as they are always different in every case for a typical order.

Please let me know if i am right and how to approach this and make this work in total.

Thanks in advance and Regards,

Sanket

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

I agree, transaction number appears to be the appropriate foreign key.

So now, to edit an existing item in List #2 set the Item property of the form to Lookup(List2datasource,TransactionNumber = Form1TransactionNumber)

When creating a new item in List #2 make sure to save the TransactionNumber from List #1.

Something similar for List #3

Thank you, looking into it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,418)