cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharepoint integration OnSave Submitform (myformnamevariable)

I have a sharepoint list as data source, I have used powerapps to create a tabbed 'form' to the user.

The tabbed form is multiple screens with a form per screen, the user always starts on Screen 1(Demographics) from there they can navigate to any other screen they are not forced through in a linear fashion (i.e. screen1 >screen2 >final screen). The navigation buttons have an OnSelect that saves the current form and then navigates the selected form from the navigation.

My problem is that the last screen the user visits is not saved, the save button in sharepoint runs the OnSave in the sharepoint integration currently set to the default 'SubmitForm(FormDemographics)'.

What I have tried

I have a global variable 'VarFormTab' which is set by the individual screens OnVisible  Set(varFormTab,"FormDemographics") I want to use this variable in the sharepoint integration OnSave SubmitForm(varFormTab)  but this is not working. Have I got the syntax wrong or is this not possible?

I have considered having the sharepoint integration OnSave navigate to another screen (saving on the way) and revealing a pleasing "all saved" message but this feels messy.

Thanks

Richard

2 REPLIES 2

For now I have gone with a long IF statement in the SP integration OnSave:

If(varFormTab="FormDemographics",SubmitForm(FormDemographics),varFormTab="FormOnset",SubmitForm(FormOnset).....

I am still very interested to find out if SubmitForm(varFormTab) is possible or if it is just poor syntax on my part.

Richard

Hi @DataShambles ,

Sorry, I'm afraid it is not supported in PowerApps to reference the Control Name, as well as Data Source Name and Column Name, by Variable. They can only be hardcoded. 

If you want this function, please vote for this idea.

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (13,325)