cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmw900
Regular Visitor

Sharepoint just stuck at Getting your data

I have created a form using a Sharepoint list.  When I click into the form in SP, it just hangs up at Getting your data.  

I've tried the following steps:

1) My OnSuccess value is ResetForm(SharePointForm1); RequestHide()

2) I switched the form default property from Edit to New.  

3) I tried to add If(IsBlank(LookUp('Intake Form', ID = SharePointIntegration.SelectedListItemID)), First('Intake Form'), LookUp('Intake Form', ID = SharePointIntegration.SelectedListItemID)) to the Item value but receive the following message.  "Delegation warning.  The highlighted part of this formula might not work correctly on large data sets. "First" operation is not supported by this connector."

Please help.

10 REPLIES 10
mkortink
Regular Visitor

I have had this problem twice, and if you search so have many others, I will give my answer here and hope other can find it.

What happens is the SharePointIntegration connector becomes corrupted and no longer works properly. How, I think if you make even minor changes to the list structure it can screw up SharePointIntegration which seems to have the previous list structure embedded in it somehow.

While SharePointIntegration.SelectedListItemID still gets set correctly SharePointIntegration.Selected is empty. Sometimes using LookUp(YourList,ID=SharePointIntegration.SelectedListItemID) instead of SharePointIntegration.Selected seems to work, but it never worked for me.

My solution does require some effort, but it is better than starting from scratch. I will outline it here, you can work out the details.

1. You have a list I will call ListA and it has a custom form I will call screenA.
  2. Create a separate new canvas PowerApp I will call appB and connect it to the listA as a datasource. Make sure all the names are the same.
  3. Create a blank screen in appB called screenB.
  4. Open the custom form screenA from listA in PowerApps.
  5. Press Ctrl-A then ctrl-C to select everything on screenA and copy it all to the clipboard.
  6. Go to appB, select screenB, and press Ctrl-V to paste everything onto the screen. This is your backup screen, it will probably have some errors due to SharePointIntegration not existing in appB, and the formatting might be messed up, but ignore these errors.
  7. Look for errors in appB that relate to variables and collections and other stuff outside of sreenB, make careful notes, you will need to recreate these later.
  8. Go back to the list, open it settings, select form settings, and switch to using the default SharePoint form making sure you delete the custom form. Thats right, get rid of it completely!
  9. Now to make sure, go to the list and add/edit some items to make sure the default form is being used.
  10. Now create a custom form again, SharePoint will open PowerApps and give you a default screen to start customising which I will call screenC.
  11. Make a minor visible change to screenC, go back to the list, test screenC works (you will know you are getting screenC because you can see the minor change. This proves SharePointIntegration  is working again.
  12. From the list open the custom form in PowerApps again. 
  13. Now select all, copy and paste (Ctrl-A, ctrl-C, ctrl-V) screenB from the backup to screenC. All the controls should hook up because SharePointIntegration and the same datasource are in the custom form app.
  14. You may still have errors. Use the careful notes you took in step 7 to resolve these.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,582)