cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmw900
Regular Visitor

Sharepoint just stuck at Getting your data

I have created a form using a Sharepoint list.  When I click into the form in SP, it just hangs up at Getting your data.  

I've tried the following steps:

1) My OnSuccess value is ResetForm(SharePointForm1); RequestHide()

2) I switched the form default property from Edit to New.  

3) I tried to add If(IsBlank(LookUp('Intake Form', ID = SharePointIntegration.SelectedListItemID)), First('Intake Form'), LookUp('Intake Form', ID = SharePointIntegration.SelectedListItemID)) to the Item value but receive the following message.  "Delegation warning.  The highlighted part of this formula might not work correctly on large data sets. "First" operation is not supported by this connector."

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @tmw900 ,

I have tried, but I can't reproduce your issue, there is no delegation warning in Items property.

Snipaste_2020-07-08_10-31-11.png

Here is an alternative workaround, try to modify the Items property as follows.

LookUp(postcode,ID=SharePointIntegration.SelectedListItemID)

If it still shows "Getting your data", please consider deleting the powerapps form in List Setting - Form Setting - Delete custom form, and then re-create one to see if the warning is gone.

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @tmw900 ,

The OnSuccess should not matter as it only triggers after a form is submitted

Put the default to Edit or View - the built-in controls (OnView, OnEdit, OnNew) will take care of all of that.

With the Delegation error, put the Form Item to

SharePointIntegration.Selected

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tmw900 ,

The issue is caused by Items property of Form.

What is 'Intake Form'? Is it the form you are editing and customizing?

If so, please modify the code as follows.

If(IsBlank(SharePointIntegration.Selected)|| IsEmpty(SharePointIntegration.Selected), First([@'Intake Form']),SharePointIntegration.Selected)

Hope this helps.

Sik

Thanks @v-siky-msft ,

I actually had a delegation error yesterday on that standard code and needed to change it to what I posted. It should not happen I know, but it did and I have seen a couple of other posts with the same issue.

Hi @WarrenBelz,

Thank you for your reply.  I made your suggested changes and it still hangs up with the 'Getting your data'.

One thing to note, my labels will display on the Getting your data screen but none of the form fields.  Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Hi @v-siky-msft,

Intake Form is the name of my datasource.   I added the code you provided in the Item field and I still get the same Delegation warning.  My form name is SharePointForm1.  Does the order in the tree view matter?  I have SharePointForm1 at the top and then labels and buttons below.

Tom

Hi @tmw900 ,

I have tried, but I can't reproduce your issue, there is no delegation warning in Items property.

Snipaste_2020-07-08_10-31-11.png

Here is an alternative workaround, try to modify the Items property as follows.

LookUp(postcode,ID=SharePointIntegration.SelectedListItemID)

If it still shows "Getting your data", please consider deleting the powerapps form in List Setting - Form Setting - Delete custom form, and then re-create one to see if the warning is gone.

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

Hi @v-siky-msft,

That worked!  Thank you very much.

Tom

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (48,789)