cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WilliamAzevedo

Sharepoint list Choice field 'Value' property not appearing

Hello, everyone.

I'm a beginner in PowerApps and i believe i found my first difficulty.

I have a Sharepoint list with a Choice column and i would like to use the information in that column as a filter using a Dropdown control. In order to achieve that, i've read a few tutorials here in the Community, but i always face one problem: the Value property (I guess) for that column is not available to be used with the Dropdown control and I don't understand why.

As a test, i created a simple list and tried to generate a PowerApp from that to show you:

Here's the list. the type data for the column 'Opções de teste' is ChoiceHere's the list. the type data for the column 'Opções de teste' is Choice

The app I generated. Notice that the choice field appear to each registerThe app I generated. Notice that the choice field appear to each register

And here, I expected to see the Value property to the Choice column in that list, but it didn't happenAnd here, I expected to see the Value property to the Choice column in that list, but it didn't happen

Any help is appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@WilliamAzevedo 

Change your Items property formula on the dropdown to be based on Choices.

i.e.  Choices('Teste DropDown'.yourChoiceColumnName)

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@WilliamAzevedo 

Change your Items property formula on the dropdown to be based on Choices.

i.e.  Choices('Teste DropDown'.yourChoiceColumnName)

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

Thank you very much, @RandyHayes , it did work!

Now I’ll try do make the filter. Thank you one more time for sharing your knowledge!

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@WilliamAzevedo 

Happy to help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,543)