cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Sharepoint list delegation > 500 or > 2000 (ID filter)

Hi, 

I have read a lot about the options available when working with large datasets. 

I have about 8,000 rows in sharepoint list. Sharepoint list name = "4Actions".

Im trying to filter the results and store them locally via ClearCollect to collection called "SiteActLive"

My formula is as per below. It work perfectly for the first 500 or 2000 records depending on how i've set the limits but then wont pull anything after that so it must not be delegating to sharepoint to do the calcs. 

ProjectID.Id = ID field in Sharepoint list

ThisItem.ID = Field from gallery 

ClearCollect(SiteActLive,Filter('4Actions',ProjectID.Id=ThisItem.ID))

Please help me! 

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

@erobguy 

So I found a way that works for me by using a gallery and the LookUp column Value, not the Id. Try this:

Insert a Vertical gallery in your app and set it's Items property to this:

Filter('4Actions',ProjectID.Value=ThisItem.Value))

Add a button and set it's OnSelect to:

ClearCollect(SiteActLive,Gallery1.AllItems)

In my test, I have a SP List with a LookUp column (single not multiple) which has 3 records that meet my criteria. In the App settings I set the Data row limit to 2. My gallery (set as per above) retrieved all 3 records (tick).

Note: in my Filter, where you will have ThisItem.Value, I used hard coded Text. You may find you need to convert your relevant ThisItem.Value to a variable, ie Set(vMyVar, ThisItem.Value), then use this variable in your Filter.

Let me know how you get on.

Edit: this is a workaround. In my experience, Galleries are pretty much the only way to beat SP delegation issues. You pull the data into a gallery and then work from there.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

@erobguy 

No worries, glad you got it sorted. Just remember to mark this as SOLVED so that others can find it if they have a similar issue.

All the best

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @erobguy ,

Do you face a Delegation warning issue with your Filter function?

How many records does the Filter function would returned? More than 2000?

Have you solved your problem?

I agree with @Eelman 's thought almost. You could consider modify your Filter formula as below:

ClearCollect(
             SiteActLive,
             Filter(
                     '4Actions',
                     ProjectID.Value = ThisItem.'Referenced Column'
             )
)

If you type ProjectID.Id formula within your above Filter function, you would face Delegation warning issue.

If you faced Delegation issue with your Filter function, you could only process first 2000 records of your '4Actions' list at most locally within your canvas app. If the desired record at 2001 or 7999 (more than 2000), then these records would be ignored, and not be saved into your collection.

If you have solved your problem, please consider go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread has been solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@erobguy 

How many records are you trying to collect to the App? This code will only bring in one record. Are you saying it won't collect past ID 2000?

Highlighted

Typically only collecting 50 records

Highlighted

Yes, it won't collect past 2000

Highlighted

What formula are you using to try and collect 50 records? Are you using ID <>?

Highlighted

ClearCollect(SiteActLive,Filter('4Actions',ProjectID.Id=ThisItem.ID))

Project.ID is a lookup column in the SharePoint list 4Actions. It's not the ID for 4Actions. 

Highlighted

@erobguy 

So I found a way that works for me by using a gallery and the LookUp column Value, not the Id. Try this:

Insert a Vertical gallery in your app and set it's Items property to this:

Filter('4Actions',ProjectID.Value=ThisItem.Value))

Add a button and set it's OnSelect to:

ClearCollect(SiteActLive,Gallery1.AllItems)

In my test, I have a SP List with a LookUp column (single not multiple) which has 3 records that meet my criteria. In the App settings I set the Data row limit to 2. My gallery (set as per above) retrieved all 3 records (tick).

Note: in my Filter, where you will have ThisItem.Value, I used hard coded Text. You may find you need to convert your relevant ThisItem.Value to a variable, ie Set(vMyVar, ThisItem.Value), then use this variable in your Filter.

Let me know how you get on.

Edit: this is a workaround. In my experience, Galleries are pretty much the only way to beat SP delegation issues. You pull the data into a gallery and then work from there.

Highlighted

ThisItem.Value isn't being recognised as anything

Highlighted

All LookUp columns have an Id and a Value. Can you share some more about your app? Screenshots, code, are you using a gallery, etc

Highlighted

ive just realised that the lookup in sharepoint is not looking up the ID it is looking up a different field so when you use . Value its pulling in a different value to ID. Ive changed it to ID in sharepoint and it now works! thanks !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,906)