cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TammyGarris
Helper II
Helper II

Sharepoint list fields corrupting powerapp

I have a PowerApp that was initially run off excel.  A few months ago, that got corrupted so it was recommended I change my data source to Sharepoint.  I had to redirect all of the fields and it was a huge PITA but I got it done.  Sharepoint has been an issue ever since.  Records have to be removed and added weekly and this was MUCH simpler in excel.  Now I have to delete my sharepoint list, upload a new one, format all the columns, delete the old data source in the app and add the new data source.  I've been doing that weekly for months now.  Today, I went through this process and after uploading and linking my new SP list, I have red flags everywhere!  The data fields are not being recognized even though they are exactly the same as the last SP list.  Like...copied and pasted the headers for this very reason.  HELP!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TammyGarris
Helper II
Helper II

i was successfully able to launch Quick Edit once I moved from Google Chrome to IE.  I am able to paste in about 200 records at a time without freezing the program.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
eka24
Super User
Super User

Sorry for the frustration. 

On connecting the sharepoint list am not sure why you always have to delete the connection. it shouldnt be so.

On updating the records in sharepoint from excel, are you not able to use copy and paste into sharepoint in                 editmode? This article would be useful PCF to upload excel data to Canvas App in Power Apps (bythedevs.com)

Finally, if you ever change a column name in sharepoint, it will not be recognised. so never change a column name once it created

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Please Subscribe to my Youtube Channel

TammyGarris
Helper II
Helper II

Copy and paste is not working when i copy records from an excel table and try to paste into SP list.  I'm putting SP list into "edit in grid view" as that is the only edit option I'm seeing and pasting there isn't working.  it pastes all of the data into the first cell.

I've never changed my headers/column names on anything.

The link doesn't help as I am not versed in HTML or development.

I have an SP list that needs to be wiped and replaced each week.  I tried to do a flow that would add the rows from the excel spreadsheet into the SP list but i'm getting an error that the records cannot be retrieved.  I'm ready to just quit at this point.

eka24
Super User
Super User

The link i provided is the way to go in my opinion. it not HTML as you stated.

Please send me a private mail on this platform with a sample of the Table so I get in touch with you

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Please Subscribe to my Youtube Channel

TammyGarris
Helper II
Helper II

i was successfully able to launch Quick Edit once I moved from Google Chrome to IE.  I am able to paste in about 200 records at a time without freezing the program.

Hi Tammy, try creating a flow (power Automate) that deletes the list at a determined time. We use an application that is refreshed with new data into a table in SP List and the flow deletes the data of the table and another flow uploads the data. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,072)