cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Sharepoint list form (PowerApp) - first time load problem

Hello,

we using PowerApps to customize Sharepoint list form, app is using Office365 connector to get current user manager from AD. On first load, app ask user for permissions for Office365 connection, after user confirm authorization app hangs in "loading data" screen.

It doesn't look good because we expect just one entry for every user and its first powerapp solution in organization and we want good user expirence from the start.
How can we solve this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Update: It seems that problem has nothing to do with Office365 autorization, first load hangs anyway, i dont see whats wrong so i will try to rebuild app from start, and test behavior alonge way.

regarding your question, OnStarts is empty:
FormScreen1 -> OnVisible - Empty
SharePointForm1 -> OnSuccess - ResetForm(SharePointForm1);;RequestHide()

More update:

But i think the problem is here somewhere, i changed item on SharePointForm1 from default

SharePointForm1 -> Item -> 

If(IsBlank(SharePointIntegration.Selected) || IsEmpty(SharePointIntegration.Selected);First(MyList);SharePointIntegration.Selected)

to:

SharePointForm1 -> Item -> SharePointIntegration.Selected

because i dont want to show data from first record in the list in any time, and on the first load for new user form acts like SharePointIntegration.Selected is empty. Again, issue is still here, first time user click on new item, autorization screen pop aps, user confirms and form gets in SharePointIntegration.Selected empty and "hangs", after reload everything is working fine.

Last update:

I managed to solve issue buy changing DefaultMode on SharePointForm1 to FormMode.New.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Looking up a User's manger should only take a second or two but it shouldn't cause the app to hang. What is the formula in the OnStart? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ibogovic ,

As long as the user has the AD user profile in your Office 365, he should be able to access the Office 365 Users connection with his own credential. 

Did you make sure that the user also has the proper permission on this SharePoint list?

Have you tested with other web browsers? 

Is this happening to multiple users?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Update: It seems that problem has nothing to do with Office365 autorization, first load hangs anyway, i dont see whats wrong so i will try to rebuild app from start, and test behavior alonge way.

regarding your question, OnStarts is empty:
FormScreen1 -> OnVisible - Empty
SharePointForm1 -> OnSuccess - ResetForm(SharePointForm1);;RequestHide()

More update:

But i think the problem is here somewhere, i changed item on SharePointForm1 from default

SharePointForm1 -> Item -> 

If(IsBlank(SharePointIntegration.Selected) || IsEmpty(SharePointIntegration.Selected);First(MyList);SharePointIntegration.Selected)

to:

SharePointForm1 -> Item -> SharePointIntegration.Selected

because i dont want to show data from first record in the list in any time, and on the first load for new user form acts like SharePointIntegration.Selected is empty. Again, issue is still here, first time user click on new item, autorization screen pop aps, user confirms and form gets in SharePointIntegration.Selected empty and "hangs", after reload everything is working fine.

Last update:

I managed to solve issue buy changing DefaultMode on SharePointForm1 to FormMode.New.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

you saved my day 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,590)