cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
rowlinx
Level: Powered On

Sharepoint list imported from excel importing error. Is there a workaround?

Capture.PNG

Hoping someone has gone through something similar and can help me out. At around entry 200 out of 900 my data in this column starts showing information about the font face. It should just be Halton but instead it says <font face="Arial"size="2">Halton</font>

 

When this was imported it was a multiline for some reason and then I changed it to a plain text then single line. However this text is editable as you can see in that top entry I could just delete the font face part. But there is about 700 entries I need to delete it for. Is there some work around?

I could just reimport it but I just finished my powerapp and was testing it when I saw this, I'd really rather not have to start over because of this glitch. 

Maybe in powerapps I could run some sort of a find and replace function? Since all of them have the same thing written infront of them.

 

Thank you in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Sharepoint list imported from excel importing error. Is there a workaround?

Hi rowlinx,

 

Please try to use Left/Right/Mid function to return characters that you want in a string.
Please check this documentation for more details:
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/function-left-mid-right/

 

Then you could consider to use patch function to patch the changes to data source.
This thread about Patch a collection could be a reference for you:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/Patch-a-Collection/td-p/9329/page/2


Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Sharepoint list imported from excel importing error. Is there a workaround?

Hi rowlinx,

 

Please try to use Left/Right/Mid function to return characters that you want in a string.
Please check this documentation for more details:
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/function-left-mid-right/

 

Then you could consider to use patch function to patch the changes to data source.
This thread about Patch a collection could be a reference for you:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/Patch-a-Collection/td-p/9329/page/2


Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,351)