Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Sharepoint list wont give me the option to customize with powerapp forms

Good day,

Thank you in advance for trying to help me with my problem.

I have multiple share-point lists in my site, all of them except one allow me to customize my edit with power-apps forms.

I have attached two Screenshots.

Screenshot(Working) : shows one of the lists that allow me to use power apps forms.

Screenshot(Not-Working) : shows the list that doesn't allow me to use power app forms

The list i cannot edit with power app forms is actually the only one i need to edit.

Im looking to be informed on the possibility on why i cant edit this particular list

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Sharepoint list wont give me the option to customize with powerapp forms

@MatthewLeslie 

Can you try to just create a new Canvas App and "Start From Blank" in PowerApps? Then go and add your Edit Form on any empty screen, hook it to that SharePoint List, and you should be able to accomplish the goal that way.

We are not sure about the missing "Customize Forms"  but maybe the option cannot be available in some cases depending what kind of columns you have on your list and a few other caveats. However other than that we don't think this precludes you from using this List in a PowerApp Canvas App.

Also, you could alternatively just select "Create an app" (the very first option) and see if that helps instead, as that may still generate the app with the form on it.

Also, for explanation of your question why "Customize forms" is missing check the below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/customize-list-form

[emphasis added]

Customize a SharePoint list form by using Power Apps

You can easily customize the form for a SharePoint list by opening Power Apps in a browser. You don't need to write traditional code, such as C#, or download another app, such as InfoPath. ...

Note

• If the Customize forms option isn't available or doesn't work correctly for your list, it might contain data types that Power Apps doesn't support. Also, you can't move your form to a different list or environment.
  • Custom forms for lists are only supported in generic lists. Support for generic document libraries is coming soon. Custom list and library templates are currently not supported; including but not limited to lists such as Announcements, Contacts and Tasks.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@MatthewLeslie 

Can you try to just create a new Canvas App and "Start From Blank" in PowerApps? Then go and add your Edit Form on any empty screen, hook it to that SharePoint List, and you should be able to accomplish the goal that way.

We are not sure about the missing "Customize Forms"  but maybe the option cannot be available in some cases depending what kind of columns you have on your list and a few other caveats. However other than that we don't think this precludes you from using this List in a PowerApp Canvas App.

Also, you could alternatively just select "Create an app" (the very first option) and see if that helps instead, as that may still generate the app with the form on it.

Also, for explanation of your question why "Customize forms" is missing check the below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/customize-list-form

[emphasis added]

Customize a SharePoint list form by using Power Apps

You can easily customize the form for a SharePoint list by opening Power Apps in a browser. You don't need to write traditional code, such as C#, or download another app, such as InfoPath. ...

Note

• If the Customize forms option isn't available or doesn't work correctly for your list, it might contain data types that Power Apps doesn't support. Also, you can't move your form to a different list or environment.
  • Custom forms for lists are only supported in generic lists. Support for generic document libraries is coming soon. Custom list and library templates are currently not supported; including but not limited to lists such as Announcements, Contacts and Tasks.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Howsit man, thanks for your help.

however i think you've misunderstood me (my fault) 

I have a power app thats created and pushes and pulls data from this list (works brilliantly)

Im not wanting to add or edit data, im wanting to actually edit the edit view in the sharepoint list.

Please see the attatched two photos

youll see the edit view which comes from selecting a row and then selecting edit 

in the one screenshot youll see the option to "customize'

and in the other youll see theres not option (these are different screenshots to the first)

@dynamicsedge 

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Im trying to accomplish this with power apps forms, ive done it for other lists this one just wont give me the option 

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@MatthewLeslie 

If the option "Customize Forms" is missing from just one list, there may be a column with data type in that list it doesn't support for that feature. So that may be why it shows on one but not the other. You can check original response for links about what might be supported and not supported. And also you could try carefully cloning the list and slowly removing columns one by one and see which one(s) it is.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks bru, you helped a lot !

I will definitely use that advice 

Enjoy your day.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,392)