cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cesarjblues
Frequent Visitor

Sharepoint lists counting

Hello,

I'm trying to create a list in sharepoint for my employees holidays, due our bussiness have many areas, we have to set few spots to let them take their vacations, for example: from the period 14jan21 to 30jan21 only 5 spots. My question is: How can I set a limit on responses to this period avoiding that other employees can choose it after the limit have been reached?

thank u in advance

1 REPLY 1
LRVinNC
Super User
Super User

I can think of a couple ways, and I'm sure there are more.

1.  Create a separate "counter list" which has a entry with the start and end date range and a counter column which starts with the max allowed during that period.  As a vacation is submitted, patch this list to reduce the counter by 1.  When submitting  new vacation list, check to be the counter is greater than zero before accepting the vacation request.

2.  In the vacation request list, pre-populate the list with a record for each valid vacation period.  Any records with only a date (no person associated), are still available.  Once all records have a person associated, there are none available.

If it were me, I'd probably use approach 1.

LRVinNC

------------------
Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (61,840)