cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OlaH
Resolver I
Resolver I

Sharepoint members access to app made from list

I know this might be a SharePoint question but since it's about connecting to Powerapps I wounder if someone here can help me.

1. I structure my SharePoint list i Excel and when use the Export function for the table. It's much easier to get all of the columns as I want them. The problem is that I always get a classic view of the list. Can I convert this into a modern view?

2. Why the modern view? Well, there is no problem creating the app but my issuu is that I want to get all the members in the Sharepoint site automaticly get permission to use the app.

Perhaps I'm wrong but this will be solved if the app i created from the list and not just connected.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bdodu
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

You can't expect this behaviour.

Your sharepoint list is a datasource and the app you create has the screens that are able to work with your list (edit, add, update, delete, ect).

In order for all members of a group to be able to access the app, the application has to be shared to the proper user group/list of users - if I fully & correctly understood what you're trying to achieve.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
bdodu
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

You can't expect this behaviour.

Your sharepoint list is a datasource and the app you create has the screens that are able to work with your list (edit, add, update, delete, ect).

In order for all members of a group to be able to access the app, the application has to be shared to the proper user group/list of users - if I fully & correctly understood what you're trying to achieve.

I agree. Just manage the access to your PowerApps app from PowerApps and don't fret if your list is Classic or Modern. 

If you need help I cover that in my getting started video for SharePoint and PowerApps. About the 14 minute mark I talk about sharing your App. 

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (1,979)