cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Sharepoint not in sync with app?

I have a powerapp with a datatable made from a sharepoint list. I have two options:

Directly from datasource:

Items: 'SP_List'

Or with collection (and to update I just do a clearcollect again on a button click):

OnStart: ClearCollect(col_List, 'SP_List')
Items: col_List

Now I have noticed that neither way are in sync with the Sharepoint list when an item is added in Sharepoint itself. For example, if I add a file to a library list in sharepoint, neither the datasource or the clearcollected collection will detect this difference. Staying exaclty the same. However, when I close and reopen the application, then all the changes are shown correct in the datatable.

Writing a property of an existing item does update when I clearcollect. It just does not show the new items.

Is this normal?

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

The data source isn't a live connection to the SharePoint list (or any other data source).  It is a connection that requests a set of records when you load the app or do different actions like editing and resubmitting a record.  If you add a button with 

Refresh(datasourcename)

it will refresh the records displayed when you press the button.  That is the way its designed to work.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Advocate V
Advocate V

Hi, I have observed in edit mode sharepoint record changes may not get reflected immediately, however when you are actually running the app, by Playing it in a different instance of browser, then you will always gets updated results. The catch is you will have to refresh the page/grid on powerapps.

Hopo this helps,

Pranav

Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @Pranav_Shroti 

Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately it does not change anything for me.

I have to reload the application to 'refresh' the datatable.

I have no idea why it does not sync. Is this by design?

Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

The data source isn't a live connection to the SharePoint list (or any other data source).  It is a connection that requests a set of records when you load the app or do different actions like editing and resubmitting a record.  If you add a button with 

Refresh(datasourcename)

it will refresh the records displayed when you press the button.  That is the way its designed to work.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Great, that was all there was to it. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Check out the Power Apps Community Call for January 2021

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,811)