cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

Sharepoint required fields don't get updated in the PowerApps Form

When I update fields in the Sharepoint List as required or not required, they don't get updated on the PowerApps form as required or not required respectively. I try refreshing it multiple times, but nothing happens. Also tried removing the fields and then adding it again, still doesn't work.

Is this a bug? Or Should I post this as an idea? Please guide

Vivek Bavishi aka That API Guy
PowerApps and Flow MVP
Blog | Twitter | YouTube | Community Profile | GitHub

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

Re: Sharepoint required fields don't get updated in the PowerApps Form

In my experience I have always had to remove the data card from my form then refresh the data source (once or twice) and then add the data card back on the form.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Super User
Super User

@Jeff_Thorpe

Thanks, will give it a try!

Vivek Bavishi aka That API Guy
PowerApps and Flow MVP
Blog | Twitter | YouTube | Community Profile | GitHub

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Belgy23
Level: Powered On

Has anyone been able to solved this?

Cuz it doesn't do squat for me to refresh?

Lastly, can i customize the powerapp form and change "required" to TRUe, will tha tcause any issues?

Highlighted
adamrouse

I am running into the same issue, and have tried the suggestions with no sucess.

What happened:

1. Created Sharepoint List.

2. Set some columns to required.

3. Created Powerapp Form from the Sharepoint List.

4. Realized I didn't want some fields to be required, I went to List Settings, and removed the Required checkbox from my columns.

5. When going back to the Powerapp form, the fields that are not required are still showing an asteriks, and will not let me save, the Datacard also shows Required = True.

chrome_HS8WmuxlCm.pngFields showing as required on PowerApp Formchrome_96CYcmyoRq.pngList Settings showing columns are not required.

What I have tried:

1. Removing and re-adding the Sharepoint Datasource. - No Change

2. Refreshing the Datasource - No Change

3. Reverting my Powerapp to a version from yesterday - No Change

4. Making the columns required, saving, then setting them to not required. - No Change

This is leading me to beleive that once a field is set to Required, it cannot be modified. The only other thing I can think of is deleting the field from Sharepoint, recreating it and adding it back to the PowerApp, but this is a fair amount of work for something that should work.

ALBordelon

Any update? 

NONE of the following resolved the problem.  The required status is NOT changing in PowerApps to match the SharePoint list column requirements:

• Refreshing the Data Connection,
  • Removing and re adding the datacard

ALBordelon

As a work around, I am using the DataCard Required field and set to "true". 

Required Fields:

• For each "Required Field" set the DataCard Required field to true.  
  • This is a propertey of the entire DataCard and not just for the Value field (that took me a few minutes to figure out)

Submit Button:

I am using a Submit button because my users like it at the bottom of the form.  When using the SubmitForm function, the form will just try to submit with errors and not allow you to edit.  As a work around, I added the following to the Visible Property of the Submit Button:

• If(SharePointForm1.Valid=true,true,false)

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Platform 24

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,263)