cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy_SPL

Sharepoint

My knowledge of this software/system is so limited i don't even know if this question belongs here. Our company runs Sharepoint for managing files and i simply want to know:

1. Is it simple enough to get a report of all the files that are currently checked out?

2. Is it simple enough to get a reminder of all the files i have checked out at any one time?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
notj
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

C-Papa
Super User
Super User

Hi, both are possible

go to the SharePoint list follow the below, select edit current view

CPapa_0-1624631675061.png

Tick the Checked Out To option

CPapa_1-1624631715312.png

Press ok.

Now in your list a new column will appear showing the Checked Out To column, if the item has been checked out it will have a name against it, which can then be filtered using the filter settings at the top of the column. If it is checked in, it will be blank. 

You will need to use PowerAutomate to set notifications, 

go to PowerAutomate and type Check Out in the template search, the below should appear. Click on the below and you will have to go through the settings in each part of the process

CPapa_2-1624632001994.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
notj
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

This isn't really a PowerApps question, but I'll try to help out. 

You could do this through Power Automate (some info here: Solved: Re: Check if SharePoint document is checked in - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)) or through PowerShell(Info here: Script to list the checked out files from site collection - Microsoft Q&A OR here: SharePoint Online: Find All Checked Out Files using PowerShell - SharePoint Diary).

C-Papa
Super User
Super User

Hi, both are possible

go to the SharePoint list follow the below, select edit current view

CPapa_0-1624631675061.png

Tick the Checked Out To option

CPapa_1-1624631715312.png

Press ok.

Now in your list a new column will appear showing the Checked Out To column, if the item has been checked out it will have a name against it, which can then be filtered using the filter settings at the top of the column. If it is checked in, it will be blank. 

You will need to use PowerAutomate to set notifications, 

go to PowerAutomate and type Check Out in the template search, the below should appear. Click on the below and you will have to go through the settings in each part of the process

CPapa_2-1624632001994.png

Andy_SPL

Many thanks to both, appreciate the help 😊

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,323)