cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Warisme
Frequent Visitor

SharepointIntegration List Name in Power App

Ok, so I am back to building custom forms for the New, Edit , View of a list. 

I just wanted to ask this for Verification and to help others is they see this too.

I crated the list with the name SAAP_Test1  but soon wanted to ensure I could change the name

if what I was testing would work  to the 'Safety Activity Action Plan Modern'.  So my customer would be happy with the name.    Which I did on the LIST view Screen

in SharePoint (modern) it was easy, I clicked on the Name, and changed it. 
Even in the LIST Properties I see that name, and nowhere do I see the OLD NAME. SAAP_Test1

EXCEPT> in the SHAREPOINT INTEGRATION FORMS that I use to EDIT, VIEW, Display the row.

Is the name on the screen now an ALIAS?  As I don't want be confused later.

Warisme_1-1653495090716.png

When I created the forms, the old name was still being used,

but after I changed it, and go back into CUSTOMIZE them,

it has the old name and does work!  (From list hit NEW, Click Customize Form, then it opens in Power Apps)

Warisme_0-1653495036188.png

I am ok with this working, in fact I like the idea of being able to change the Screen Name of a list and it does not actually change the created name, but wanted to ensure I was not crazy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Warisme ,

So this post is closed now ?

One tip from your comments - People fields are not necessarily good when you can do the same query in Power Apps in the Office365Users connector and store the result in Text (this blog of mine on data structure may interest you).

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Warisme ,

You are indeed not crazy. SharePoint remembers the original list name (it does the same with field names) and you will find places where you need to reference it by this. Depending on the data in there at the moment, you might consider making a new list with the name you want and copying it over.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Warisme
Frequent Visitor

I did realize a few things as a Tip for those doing this work.  1st the Type PEOPLE is a great way to pull in the ActiveDirectory information (field type).  2nd  Once you have worked on a list and changed alot of stuff around, you are better off (before deployment) to Create a new list from scratch with no changes to then start working in Power apps!  

I have a new list, and I still can't use the Search like I want, but using FILTERS with and's and Or's can get you what you need (&& , ||)

3rd time was a charm.

@Warisme ,

So this post is closed now ?

One tip from your comments - People fields are not necessarily good when you can do the same query in Power Apps in the Office365Users connector and store the result in Text (this blog of mine on data structure may interest you).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (4,787)