cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
corew50
Advocate II
Advocate II

Sharing App to Security Group

I've seen a lot of conflicting info about this, and a lot of it is from old posts.  This link makes it sound like we should be able to share apps to security groups. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app#share-an-app

I've created a security group, but it doesn't show up in the Share window of PowerApps.  Is there a certain type of group that can be used?  There are old articles referencing mail enabled security groups.  Is it still the case that it can only be mail enabled security groups used for sharing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @corew50 ,

Firstly, I'm afraid  you could only share your app in this way currently.

Secondly, if you want to share it with all the people in your group, you could enter "evereyone" or the group name.

Then you could share it with all the people in your group at once.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @corew50

Do you want to share an app with the users inside your secrity group?

You could enter the users' email address or username. Use this two information can both find user.

Waht's more, you need to enter some words in the search box, then users related to your entered word will show。

If you enter no words, no user will show.72_LI.jpg

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I need to be able to share the app with all of the users in my security group.  I have a security group called PA_Users with around 250 people.  Can I not just add this security group in the share window?  My goal is to find a process that doesn't make me type 250 people to share to PowerApps and 250 people on SharePoint.

Hi @corew50 ,

Firstly, I'm afraid  you could only share your app in this way currently.

Secondly, if you want to share it with all the people in your group, you could enter "evereyone" or the group name.

Then you could share it with all the people in your group at once.

Best regards,

PowerAppUser87
Frequent Visitor

I know this has been marked as Solved... but I don't get the solution, was it a No?

I am having the same problem, we have a mail enabled security group with 190 people, I don't want to share the app with everyone as that would be over 1,000 users and I can bet it will get me in trouble with IT!!!

I'm also having this issue.  Other threads on this forum indicate that an Azure security group should work, but it does not for me.  I'm able to select the group to share in PowerApps and I don't get an error message, but people in the group are still not able to access the app.  (Note: I'm in GCC, but this should definitely be available!)

Hey Yocomd - 

I have come across this issue as well.  You'll want to make sure that your security group has all of the members in it and not another group in it.

For example, I created a security group and put a distribution group in the security group as the member. This did not work because it only recognizes the email of the members within the group, therefore it only was sharing the app to the mail of the distribution group.

Hopefully that makes sense, but to sum it up, make sure your security group's members are people and not another group.

Best of luck!

JacoDeRooij
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @dmoore,

May I ask how you did this? It doesn't work for me either...

Kind regards,

Jaco

Yocomd
Helper I
Helper I

It works for me now.  You do need to make sure you're working with a security group or O365 group.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (1,660)