cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
p13tro
Frequent Visitor

Sharing Apps to 'Can Use' Users STILL allows them to edit

I have an app that I want to share with some users, but I only want them to Use NOT edit the App. However if these Users download PowerApps local client to their machines and then access the App they can edit it.

Surely by them only having the 'Can Use' share option they should not be allowed to enter the App development screen to edit.

Please advise.

2 REPLIES 2
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @p13tro,

May I know how did your user download the app to local place? I just tested with an app. I shared it with a user with can use permission only. And in his PowerApps site, he could see that the app is with Can Use permission, and the Export package option is grey out and unclickable:

Capture.PNG

So does your user see the same picture like above?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Mona, Thanks for responding. 

The issue arises from within the Powerapps Desktop Client.

When launching from a list of apps the edit pencil is greyed out for the user, as it should be per my settings on the shared permissions, however when the app is opened the edit button appears at the top of the screen and edit mode can be entered.

This does not happen if the app in lauched in a web browser instead of the desktop client.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (15,318)