Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bub
Helper I
Helper I

Sharing Output from PowerApps

Greetings Everyone 😉

I have a powerapps app which I'm working on (steep learning curve as I'm a total newbie at this)...

It has literally dozens (around 50) of Yes/No dropdowns as it's basically a type of audit. It also has a load of other information about who completed it, which site it was based on etc. etc.

I'd estimate there are perhaps 100 pieces of information which are collected. This bit all works and ultimately puts the data into a onedrive spreadsheet. Once all of the info is captured the 'auditor' hits the submit button, onedrive is updated and the app is reset to blank entries.

Here's the question .... Ideally I want to dump 4 (our of 😎 whole pages of the app into a pdf and email it out. I know this isn't possible in powerapps 'at the moment'. So how do I best share the results of the completed audit with the recipients who need to see it?

I've tried the create html / save to onedrive / convert file to pdf route but with so many individual pieces of information this is a nightmare to do. It's just not practical to pass 100 variables into power automate. The flow would be a mile long.

Is there another route? I've searched but can't find anything although I feel sure I'm not the first person to ask this.

Thank you for reading & have a great day!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Bub 

The HTML and CSS that you are looking for should be possible. But then you have to re write that a little bit as CSS classes do not work in PowerApps, so you have to do it inline style.

Instead of doing it like this:

"<style>
div.repstyle{
font-family: Arial;
font-size: 14px;
}
</style>

<div class='repstyle'>
<p>Hello World.</p></div>"

You should do it like this:

"
<div style='font-family: Arial;font-size: 14px;'>
<p>Hello World.</p></div>
"

View solution in original post

WarrenBelz
Most Valuable Professional

Hi @Bub ,

I cannot go through all of that , however the fundamental issues are: -

• All "inside" quotes need to be single quotes '
  • The whole thing needs to be contained in double quotes "
  • You can drop the <html> tags off the top and bottom and the doctype off the top.
  • A lot of that formatting probably will not work, particularly the class and CSS styles.
  • Keep it simple - although the HTML Text control in Power Apps is a bit forgiving for things like missing closing/mismatched tags, the HTML to PDF converter in OneDrive is not. I keep mine to a basic table structure with a colour fill in the heading. 

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
WarrenBelz

Hi @Bub ,

You can export to CSV using a Flow (here is a good video from Shane Young @Shanescows on the process.

This than then be emailed as an attachment in the same Flow.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Adrian_Celis
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Bub 

I think you are on the right direction with the power automate -> create html -> convert into pdf route but you don't have to pass 100 variables into power automate. What you need to do is to create the HTML inside of PowerApps (yes it may be long knowing that you have a large form) and you only have to pass that one HTML into your flow.

Hi @Adrian_Celis & @WarrenBelz. Thank you for your replies.

I think creating the html in powerapps and sending the whole thing to power automate is probably best in my case.

However, whatever I do in the htmltext box causes error - particularly if this includes any " marks - which table definitions and css / styles invairably do. Is there an easy way to create the html which won't cause issues?

I've tried putting double quotes etc to no avail. I do need some formatting in the html otherwise it'll look terrible.

Thanks again.

WarrenBelz

Hi @Bub ,

Can you please supply your HTML code in Text. Also it is best to test it in a HTML box and then simply send the box as the content of the HTML file you create in the Flow.

Hi @Bub 

In PowerApps, just replace all double quotes in your HTML code with single quotes and it should work fine. Like @WarrenBelz said, please provide the HTML code if you need further assistance.

Hi. Here is the link to the code which I can't reproduce in powerapps from W3 Schools:

https://www.w3schools.com/code/tryit.asp?filename=GRQ1YC0445ZI 

Capture.PNG

No matter what I do (double quotes, single quotes, concat, & etc etc) powerapps rejects it as full or errors.

I need to include the variables shown in the tables from P/A too.

Obviously I'm doing something either dumb or not possible.

Kind regards from the UK 😉

WarrenBelz

@Bub ,

That does not really help - to assist you I need your actual code that does not work (in Text)

Hi @Bub 

The HTML and CSS that you are looking for should be possible. But then you have to re write that a little bit as CSS classes do not work in PowerApps, so you have to do it inline style.

Instead of doing it like this:

"<style>
div.repstyle{
font-family: Arial;
font-size: 14px;
}
</style>

<div class='repstyle'>
<p>Hello World.</p></div>"

You should do it like this:

"
<div style='font-family: Arial;font-size: 14px;'>
<p>Hello World.</p></div>
"

WarrenBelz

Hi @Bub ,

I cannot go through all of that , however the fundamental issues are: -

• All "inside" quotes need to be single quotes '
  • The whole thing needs to be contained in double quotes "
  • You can drop the <html> tags off the top and bottom and the doctype off the top.
  • A lot of that formatting probably will not work, particularly the class and CSS styles.
  • Keep it simple - although the HTML Text control in Power Apps is a bit forgiving for things like missing closing/mismatched tags, the HTML to PDF converter in OneDrive is not. I keep mine to a basic table structure with a colour fill in the heading. 

Helpful resources

Announcements

Community will be READ ONLY July 16th, 5p PDT -July 22nd

Dear Community Members,   We'd like to let you know of an upcoming change to the community platform: starting July 16th, the platform will transition to a READ ONLY mode until July 22nd.   During this period, members will not be able to Kudo, Comment, or Reply to any posts.   On July 22nd, please be on the lookout for a message sent to the email address registered on your community profile. This email is crucial as it will contain your unique code and link to register for the new platform encompassing all of the communities.   What to Expect in the New Community: A more unified experience where all products, including Power Apps, Power Automate, Copilot Studio, and Power Pages, will be accessible from one community.Community Blogs that you can syndicate and link to for automatic updates. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transition. Stay tuned for the exciting new features and a seamless community experience ahead!

Summer of Solutions | Week 4 Results | Winners will be posted on July 24th

We are excited to announce the Summer of Solutions Challenge!   This challenge is kicking off on Monday, June 17th and will run for (4) weeks.  The challenge is open to all Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, Copilot Studio & Power Pages) community members. We invite you to participate in a quest to provide solutions in the Forums to as many questions as you can. Answers can be provided in all the communities.    Entry Period: This Challenge will consist of four weekly Entry Periods as follows (each an “Entry Period”)   - 12:00 a.m. PT on June 17, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on June 23, 2024 - 12:00 a.m. PT on June 24, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on June 30, 2024 - 12:00 a.m. PT on July 1, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on July 7, 2024 - 12:00 a.m. PT on July 8, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on July 14, 2024   Entries will be eligible for the Entry Period in which they are received and will not carryover to subsequent weekly entry periods.  You must enter into each weekly Entry Period separately.   How to Enter: We invite you to participate in a quest to provide "Accepted Solutions" to as many questions as you can. Answers can be provided in all the communities. Users must provide a solution which can be an “Accepted Solution” in the Forums in all of the communities and there are no limits to the number of “Accepted Solutions” that a member can provide for entries in this challenge, but each entry must be substantially unique and different.    Winner Selection and Prizes: At the end of each week, we will list the top ten (10) Community users which will consist of: 5 Community Members & 5 Super Users and they will advance to the final drawing. We will post each week in the News & Announcements the top 10 Solution providers.  At the end of the challenge, we will add all of the top 10 weekly names and enter them into a random drawing.  Then we will randomly select ten (10) winners (5 Community Members & 5 Super Users) from among all eligible entrants received across all weekly Entry Periods to receive the prize listed below. If a winner declines, we will draw again at random for the next winner.  A user will only be able to win once overall. If they are drawn multiple times, another user will be drawn at random.  Individuals will be contacted before the announcement with the opportunity to claim or deny the prize.  Once all of the winners have been notified, we will post in the News & Announcements of each community with the list of winners.   Each winner will receive one (1) Pass to the Power Platform Conference in Las Vegas, Sep. 18-20, 2024 ($1800 value). NOTE: Prize is for conference attendance only and any other costs such as airfare, lodging, transportation, and food are the sole responsibility of the winner. Tickets are not transferable to any other party or to next year’s event.   ** PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHED RULES for this CHALLENGE**   Week 1 Results: Congratulations to the Week 1 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge. Community MembersNumber of SolutionsSuper UsersNumber of Solutions @anandm08  23 @WarrenBelz  31 @DBO_DV  10 @Amik  19 AmínAA 6 @mmbr1606  12 @rzuber  4 @happyume  7 @Giraldoj  3@ANB 6 (tie)   @SpongYe  6 (tie)     Week 2 Results: Congratulations to the Week 2 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge. Community MembersSolutionsSuper UsersSolutions @anandm08  10@WarrenBelz 25 @DBO_DV  6@mmbr1606 14 @AmínAA 4 @Amik  12 @royg  3 @ANB  10 @AllanDeCastro  2 @SunilPashikanti  5 @Michaelfp  2 @FLMike  5 @eduardo_izzo  2   Meekou 2   @rzuber  2   @Velegandla  2     @PowerPlatform-P  2   @Micaiah  2     Week 3 Results: Congratulations to the Week 3 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge.   Week 3:Community MembersSolutionsSuper UsersSolutionsPower Apps anandm0861WarrenBelz86DBO_DV25Amik66Michaelfp13mmbr160647Giraldoj13FLMike31AmínAA13SpongYe27     Week 4 Results: Congratulations to the Week 4 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge.   Week 4:Community MembersSolutionsSuper UsersSolutionsPower Apps DBO-DV21WarranBelz26Giraldoj7mmbr160618Muzammmil_0695067Amik14samfawzi_acml6FLMike12tzuber6ANB8   SunilPashikanti8

Check Out | 2024 Release Wave 2 Plans for Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform

On July 16, 2024, we published the 2024 release wave 2 plans for Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform. These plans are a compilation of the new capabilities planned to be released between October 2024 to March 2025. This release introduces a wealth of new features designed to enhance customer understanding and improve overall user experience, showcasing our dedication to driving digital transformation for our customers and partners.    The upcoming wave is centered around utilizing advanced AI and Microsoft Copilot technologies to enhance user productivity and streamline operations across diverse business applications. These enhancements include intelligent automation, AI-powered insights, and immersive user experiences that are designed to break down barriers between data, insights, and individuals. Watch a summary of the release highlights.    Discover the latest features that empower organizations to operate more efficiently and adaptively. From AI-driven sales insights and customer service enhancements to predictive analytics in supply chain management and autonomous financial processes, the new capabilities enable businesses to proactively address challenges and capitalize on opportunities.    

Updates to Transitions in the Power Platform Communities

We're embarking on a journey to enhance your experience by transitioning to a new community platform. Our team has been diligently working to create a fresh community site, leveraging the very Dynamics 365 and Power Platform tools our community advocates for.  We started this journey with transitioning Copilot Studio forums and blogs in June. The move marks the beginning of a new chapter, and we're eager for you to be a part of it. The rest of the Power Platform product sites will be moving over this summer.   Stay tuned for more updates as we get closer to the launch. We can't wait to welcome you to our new community space, designed with you in mind. Let's connect, learn, and grow together.   Here's to new beginnings and endless possibilities!   If you have any questions, observations or concerns throughout this process please go to https://aka.ms/PPCommSupport.   To stay up to date on the latest details of this migration and other important Community updates subscribe to our News and Announcements forums: Copilot Studio, Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Pages

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,434)