cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper V
Helper V

Sharing PowerApp with 100 users

I have to share a PowerApp with around 100 users. I can't share it with my entire org because there are thousands of people in the AD. 

I made an excel list with all the names of the people formatted like this - Johnny Smith; Rick Lee; Kevin Williams;

Then I pasted the names into the box where you are supposed to enter the names of the people you are sharing with. After this the system does not recognize the names as users in my AD like it does on SharePoint.

My question is: Do I have to type in these 100 users manually or is there some way to bulk-add users from our AD so the website recognizes them as users?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CP153319,

I just tested and it seems you could only add one user/one group at one time. So far the only workaround is adding your users all to a security group in Azure Active Directory and share the app with this group.

However, you can also post an idea in the PowerApps Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,
Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Super User
Super User

You can create a Sharepoint "Access List" then compare User () with the Sharepoint list to see if the current user has access. It going to be a manual effort for you to maintain the Access List though.

Here is the method I've begun using at my gigantic organization:

* Create an Azure AD Security Group based on Job Title.

* Everyone who assumes this job title automatically becomes part of the group

* When they move to a different job title, they automaticlly removed from the group

This is the best method i've come across for controlling access to PowerApps, Flow, SP LIsts.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,620)