cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dsab81
Microsoft
Microsoft

Sharing PowerApps having a Outlook Connector and Dynamics Connector

I have a powerapp, basically a tool to send emails.

I have a outlook connector, for which i have configured that connection using a service account, so that when a email is sent , it is sent using a service account and not my account.

Now when i share my powerapps to my customers,  since the powerapp prompts them to ALLOW connections to all connectors when they open it for the first time, the outlook connector is now connected to their own account and not service account.

I dont want to share the service account password and ask each one of them to change the connection to service account.

How i make my service account exist and stay connected , to who ever i share.

2. I have a Dynamics connector . When a user using my Powerapps clicks a button , a flow would be initiated and it inserts a record in Dynamics.

But when the user connects to the powerapp, all the connectors change their connections to this domain account.

So in this case, when the flow is initiated and tries to insert a record in Dynamics, the flow fails since the user needs Write Permissions.

But i cannot provide write access to every user to use my powerapp. I want the flow /connections to use my account.

How should i handle this issue.

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @dsab81,

PowerApps by default will ask the user to establish a connection using their credentials. The Outlook connector does allow you to perform some operations from a shared mailbox, assuming your users have the send-as privilege on the shared mailbox. 

Regarding your second question, you can configure the Flow run only connections to use the connection you had defined in the flow.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

dsab81
Microsoft
Microsoft

regarding 1st question, lets say we consider that users have send as priveleges on the shared mailbox, doesnt they need to re-establish connection using the shared account correct or the connection would automatically pass on to the user.

Regarding second question, i cannot configure the flow because I dont see the 'run only users' permission option under the owner permissions.

I believe this is because the flow is linked to powerapp.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (73,345)