cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cardinalpipkin
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Sharing PowerApps with External Users

Hi - I have used search above to find discussions about whether External users can receive invites to an organisation created powerapp. They are all 1 or 2 years old.

Can anyone give me a reliable update on whether this is already implemented or will be?

Also I saw that an external user could be added as a guest account, which would allow them to use powerapps. Is this something only tenant admin could do?

22 REPLIES 22

Can I share it with someone who is is my organization directory but do not have Microsoft/ o365 accounts

The best solution I have found to this for our external users is:

1. Cognito Forms - Build a form (really easy) share with clients,  then using flow store the data on your neative systems like SharePoint.

2. Microsoft Forms Build a form (very easy but very basic) sher as public,  then using flow store the sats on your native system like sharepoint.

Item 1 does cost but license are not that dear and is unlimited for users to access the form

Item 2 is embeded into most MS pacakages

Other low code platforms like outsystems, kony provide external user licenses and not sure why Microsoft isn't providing the same.

Using 3rd party forms doesn't provide a great user experience.

No,

It's not solved.  People don't want to pay for the use of apps.  Thats the way (unfortunately) the average uses thinks.  I do also not agree with this way of thinking, but the clients wants it this way.  If not there is no business.

Jotform is also a good alterative.  It has a plugin for Wordpress.

Can the external users be authenticated when using Jotforms? Is it secured? 

simb55
Advocate II
Advocate II

ATTENTION PEOPLE!

You CAN share a PowerApp with an external user, only if he is using Office 365 with a valid PowerApps-Plan as well (Office365 Business Essentials/Business Premium and the E-licenses all include a PowerApps-Plan).

Prerequisite is, that the user you have shared your app with has at least once either opened or created a PowerApp in his own tenant before (as counter-intuitive as it may be). If he did not do this, he will receive a notification, that he needs a valid PowerApps-Plan (even if he actually has one).

Feel free to come back at me for questions regarding this issue.

Mohd1Naiam
Frequent Visitor

Hello.....I want to make a powerapp for a client that will use for his Shop and also he want that his customers will also use that app so, What should I do . 

Please guide me 

@Mohd1Naiam ,

Please read @simb55 's post directly below yours as this answers your question.

The only other option is Power Apps Portals.

Hi All,

I'm a big fan of microsoft technologies but when it comes to mobiles app development, i think Microsoft has not got a solution yet. PowerApps is prompted as a low code/no code solution but one still has to learn a lot of formulas and the platform is limited in a lot of ways. Also the PowerApps licensing does not work for small to medium size organisations or individuals who want to create an independent app to solve a unique problem. For a start you need a organisation domain to even try powerapps ( not sure if thats changed) and there is no free plan. I like the Microsoft common data model but disappointed that there is no good front end solution from Microsoft to compliment CDM.

I looked a so many solutions ( bubble, outsystems, glide, adalo) and one which really ticks all the boxes is flutter by google https://flutter.dev/. Flutter is easy to learn and as a non-developer myself, I was able to pick flutter basics in 1 week. My view is that if i have to learn formulas, why not just learn basic coding.

In flutter everything is a widget (like a lego block) and google has done a great job by creating this huge library of widgets which you can use in your app. You will be amazed how fast you can build an app with flutter. You can also use external packages created by flutter developers https://pub.dev/

The best thing about flutter is you only have to right the code once which can be then pushed to IOS and Android. Hot reload is another cool feature about flutter. Flutter is a power house which i think brings the best of both low code and coding.

If you are really interested to learn flutter i highly recommend this course which will help you enable to you build simple to complex apps. https://www.udemy.com/share/101WB6/ 

Hope this was helpful.

Jag

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (1,843)